Lastest Episode Widget - rating always NR
In Aeon Nox Gotham 4.1.9 I believe the Latest Episode TV widget uses the services.skin.widget to get the latest TV Show episode information.

But does anyone know where it actually pulls the TV Show MPAA rating from?

My tvsho.nfo and episode nfo files are all coded along the lines of:
<mpaa>Australia:M</mpaa>

And I've update variables.xml to cater for the Australian ratings (eg. setting WidgetRatingFlagVar )

But for the life of me I always get the NR icon when I select one of the Latest Episode icons.

If I update tvshow.nfo to include:
<mpaa>TV-G</mpaa>
I still get the NR icon.

Does anyone know if this info comes from the episode NFO file, and is it set/read in which file.

Thanks.
Yeah i'd love to see Australian MPAA ratings included for movies and TV shows. I have to reedit the variables every time a new version is released but haven't bothered looking at the widgets. Starts to get too time consuming just to display a flag
Looks like this is an issue with services.skin.widget.

If I use the "Recommended episodes" widget, the rating appears correctly.

If I use the "Latest episodes" widget, the rating is always NR.

If I specify BOTH widgets - no rating icon is shown at all.

Trawling through the default.py script in services.skin.widget I see:
Recommended episodes: does 2 JSONRPC calls (1) VideoLibrary.GetTVShows and (2) VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes. It's the GetTVshows call that returns the MPAA rating field.
Latest episodes: only does 1 JSONRPC call to (1) VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes - so no rating is return, hence the NR.

Don't know why using 2 widgets causes no rating icon at all.

I'll chase up as a services.skin.widget thread.
Already a known 'restriction' with the service.skin.widgets service.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1421976

Quote:*Episode.%d.mpaa is only avaiable for RecommendedEpisode but not for RecentEpisode and RandomEpisode ...
because with the current implementation it's not possible to get mpaa without an extra request per episode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lastest Episode Widget - rating always NR0