Problem with MySQL and SMB://
1. Version of XBMC: 13.1
2. Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1, build 7601
3. CPU/Architecture: Intel i5-4670k/64 bit
4. RAM amount: 8GB
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem: Library will not update by scraping, instead only shows the .nfo files that I have saved. Also cannot access the smb://... directory from 'Files'. I have researched a lot for the 6118 error, have also uninstalled xbmc and mysql 5.5 and reinstalled xbmc 13.1 and updated mysql to 5.6. Databases and tables show perfectly, my raspberry pi cannot cannot to the server either (which is my main pc)
FULL Debug Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=267719

thanks
So even without MySQL or the library involved, the networked computers can't access the SMB share at all?

Is this a sudden change? Did it used to work?
Firewall issue ??
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-14, 21:20)Ned Scott Wrote: So even without MySQL or the library involved, the networked computers can't access the SMB share at all?

Is this a sudden change? Did it used to work?

yes it used to work absolutely fine before, not a clue what happened or if it is something I did. Been trying to find out and work on it for ages now. Tried everything including wiping everything, new install to pi as well as removing all of mysql and xbmc using revo uninstaller

the library won't update either which is bizarre too

(2014-08-14, 21:25)black_eagle Wrote: Firewall issue ??

I've never had a firewall issue but i have put a rule in, I have eset smart security 7.

The other laptops, my ps3 nor my tv can pick up my pc using media share
ok so the problem isn't the smb because I've just resourced my files on my pc and it worked, as well as working on my pi downstairs using the 'files' section.

the problem is mysql, now i'm using 5.6 seen as though v13 seems to have fixed the issue. I did have 5.5 before when it was working, but then it didn't which led me to all this

edit: right i removed the advancedsettings.xml and tried to add everything again, again it didn't add the new movies/tv shows that i have downloaded recently. here's my debug log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=270264

edit 2: so i've deleted all the.nfo files and started my library from scratch, all the movies scanned in correctly and so did my tv shows all up to date, except when it gets to the last few it comes up with 'could not connect to remote server'

can't paste the debug log to pastebin either because xbmc logs kept giving me 'a phrase has had to be censored or something'
my pi also takes ages to boot after i put the advancedsettings.xml file in, so here's the debug log for that too, doesn't come up with my tv shows or movies but if i add the sources manually i can access them through smb://

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=271026
The error you are getting
Quote:19:00:52 T:3058089984 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video78 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.246' (110))

is a timeout error. So, what is happening is XBMC tries to connect, waits until it times out, chooses the next lower database (77), tries again, etc etc

Either your MySQL server isn't running, is running but listening on a different port/IP address, is not configured to accept remote connections or is blocked by a firewall.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-17, 21:32)black_eagle Wrote: The error you are getting
Quote:19:00:52 T:3058089984 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video78 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.246' (110))

is a timeout error. So, what is happening is XBMC tries to connect, waits until it times out, chooses the next lower database (77), tries again, etc etc

Either your MySQL server isn't running, is running but listening on a different port/IP address, is not configured to accept remote connections or is blocked by a firewall.

the server is running because the files are showing on my main pc which is the host machine and mysql is running under services. i had a firewall rule put in allowing port 3306 and i've never had that problem before. What do you suggest i do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with MySQL and SMB://0