OS X Audio debugging
Hi

For most part I have gotten Kodi to work the way I like it, truly a great program.

However I'm wondering why it constantly sets output channels to "2" even when the input so to speak is multichannel (5.1)? Of course I have it set to 8 channels/24 bit in Midi setup and 5.1 inside Kodi (dosen't make a difference if I use passthrough or not). Computer connected with hdmi to AVR.

If some one have time, plz have a look at my log, specifically these lines:

Code:
NOTICE:         m_channels        : FL,FR,UNKNOWN7,UNKNOWN8,UNKNOWN1,UNKNOWN2,UNKNOWN3,UNKNOWN4

http://pastebin.com/DGTW5tcc

Somehow it detect that my AVR is capable of multichannel but lists most of them as unknown and thus outputs only 2 channels?

I'm also curious too what these lines mean (there are a lot of them during a normal length movie:

Code:
22:22:45 T:4692414464   DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: pattern lost on diff 40000.000000
22:22:50 T:4692414464   DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 41708.33, frameduration: 41708.333333
22:24:43 T:4692951040   DEBUG: CDVDClock::Discontinuity - CDVDPlayerAudio::HandleSyncError2 - was:2402054528.631028, should be:2402064532.780020, error:10004.148992
22:26:00 T:4692414464   DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: pattern lost on diff 40000.000000

Regards
H
I'm not much of an expert when it comes to audio, but 2 channels is the normal setting for multi channel audio. They are digital channels not analog (stereo) channels and so can transmit much more than just right and left audio.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
2channel is only normal for SPDIF.

guess one of the audio guys can take a look what is happening
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well for passthrough it should work already as this is up to the avr to decode. For the PCM path (having passthrough off and speaker set to 5.1 in xbmc) it seems that you haven't a correct channel mapping setup in your osx-audio-midi-setup. Verify that each channel in audio-midi-setup is bound to a speakernumber (ensure to confgure the multichannel layout - not only the stereo layout).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi and thanks for your support!

Well, the midi setup för hmdi output is 8 channels and 24 bits (can't post a screen dump it seems) and xbmc internally is set to hdmi and 5.1. Dubbel checked!

The 2 questions I have is why the remaning channels come up as unknown in the log and why it seems to select only 2 channels.

In regards to these two questions it dosent matter if I have passthrough on or off, it is still unknown and only 2 channels seems to be selected.

Is there anything I can do over at my end to help you guys?

Regards
H
As i Said they come up as unknown if there is no valid speakerlayout configured in audio midi setup (not only Setting it to 8 Channels but also assign the speakers to those channels)

Post a Screenshot of the audio midi setup speakerlayout screen
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio debugging0