Airplay but with Mirroring
So I was able to get Airplay to work from an iOS device. But it would only Airplay content. Is there a way to get Airplay > Mirroring to work so I can mirror the iOS to XBMC? This would be a great tool. Anyone know?
Not with xbmc. The mirroring protocol is encrypted and not publicly known.
There are some closed source (commercial) projects that can implement it, but until an open source implementation appears xbmc won't support it.
(2014-08-15, 22:23)popcornmix Wrote: Not with xbmc. The mirroring protocol is encrypted and not publicly known.
There are some closed source (commercial) projects that can implement it, but until an open source implementation appears xbmc won't support it.

So how "ezcast" make us able to mirror iPhone on iOS 9 in his hardware?
(2016-07-15, 19:09)cpvbruno Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 22:23)popcornmix Wrote: Not with xbmc. The mirroring protocol is encrypted and not publicly known.

So how "ezcast" make us able to mirror iPhone on iOS 9 in his hardware?

ezcast is one of those closed source projects. Kodi cannot legally use closed source code. ezcast has not told the public how they figured it out.
Does any of these closed-source, commercial projects work with OE/RPi? If I understand ezcast correctly, it does require to be connnected to the TV (in which case price is the only advantage compared to buying an ATV). I'd like to avoid too many cables and switching between sources on my television to use mirroring. So, I am looking for any kind of solution that allows me to use mirroring from the Kodi/OE/RPi interface. I am fine to install or buy some other form of commercial solutions.

Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay but with Mirroring0