Annoying pop when movie starting
A few days ago, when starting a movie, XBMC would always play a loud click / pop sound. At the same time, the stopped movies are no longer remembered and it always starts from the beginning.

Tried to run an update and got the device full notice. Deleted all video files in cache and plugins. Uninstalled xbmc but left residuals (database, settings) in tact. Reinstalled Gotham 13.1 but problem still exists.

Any ideas?

Odd. Only some movies have the initial pop but the remembering issue is still present. Any known fixes for this?
ok, this has been happening since Gotham 13.1. Just saw 13.2 was released so updated to that hoping the issue would be fixed. Annoying click / popping still occurs. But I did find more info.

Running ATV2
Only happens on Dolby Digital audio content. If I disable Passthrough all together, the annoying click / pop at the beginning of the file goes away. If I enable Passthrough but leave Dolby Digital enabled, then the popping returns. No popping for Stereo or DTS content. Searched through the entire forum but could not find a solution. Adjusted almost every audio & video (HDMI) setting on the receiver and could not resolve the issue.

Does anyone know of a fix for this annoying pop / click sound that shows up at the beginning for all Dolby Digital content?
ok, found a fix hope this can help someone else who may be pulling out as much hair as I did while trying to resolve this issue. Went from Gotham 13.2 back to Frodo 12.3. Problem resolved .... AND... saw a noticeable speed increase when accessing menus in Frodo than Gotham on an ATV2. Should have done this a long time ago.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Annoying pop when movie starting0