Linux [XBMCbuntu] XBMC don't start, only see Loginscreen
If you do it again, just delete .Xauthority, and it will be re-created with the correct permissions when you log in.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-08-19, 18:03)black_eagle Wrote: If you do it again, just delete .Xauthority, and it will be re-created with the correct permissions when you log in.

That was what I presumed. Deleting will do the trick. Interesting thing...gonna take a look at this file, too. Just for interest.

I read this:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/300682/wh...ority-file

And I think a 'chmod' to this file (with the specific numbers...maybe 777 or 666) would do the trick, too, as every user is allowed to write things to this file then.

But I´m not sure and the most important thing is, that it works again Wink

Greetings
(2014-08-19, 20:00)David1977 Wrote: And I think a 'chmod' to this file (with the specific numbers...maybe 777 or 666) would do the trick, too, as every user is allowed to write things to this file then.

But I´m not sure and the most important thing is, that it works again Wink

Greetings

That would be a security issue. The .Xauthority file is basically a magic number used to identify the owner of an X session so that other people can't hijack it. If you are running an X session and I am logged in to the same machine, I can't access your X session unless I become the owner of the .Xauthority file.

This is not such a big deal with a home PC, but in a multi-user, multi-seat setup it would allow anyone to change the owner and therefore make your X session accessible.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Ok...understand

Thx!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC don't start, only see Loginscreen0