Solved Home Screen Weather on Startup
Okay, this is probably me being stupid but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get my weather widgets working on my home screen properly...

When I first load xbmc none of the weather info shows up, for some reason it doesn't fetch anything until I activate the weather window. If I then go back to the home screen the widgets are working fine.

I've looked at other skins (including others I've made Undecided ) that all fetch this info on load and can't seem to see any reason why mine shouldn't work, don't see any <onload> function to call it and the labels I'm using are the same. As an example my labels look something like...

PHP Code:
<control type="label">
    <
left>95</left>
    <
top>60</top>
    <
width>186</width>
    <
align>center</align>
    <
font>HomeMovieTitle</font>
    <
label>$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Location)]</label>
    <
scroll>false</scroll>
</
control

Is there something I need to add to make this work properly, because I am tearing my hair out over this!!

You need to have the weather loaded once I think. So i.e. use Weather.Temperature to display the current temperature and it should work fine.
Ah, you beauty 'Black, all working now!

here's some background info:

at startup, xbmc will not automatically run the weather addon to fetch weather data.
running the weather addon has to be triggered by the skin...
this is done by using one (or more) of a few specific $INFO[] labels in your skin.
as soon as xbmc comes across one of those labels in the current window, it will start the weather addon.

from the top of my head, you need to use one of these:
Weather.Conditions
Weather.Temperature
Weather.Location

also, using the Weather.IsFetched infobool will work too.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Screen Weather on Startup0