4k player setup?
I need to setup some sort of a 4k player that loops content.
I have 1 4k tv and want something to show it off. Need something small yet good enough to play the best of 4k that is out there.
I would prefer xbmc but if there is another option I am all ears
Chromebox will play 4K AVC at up to 30p with OpenElec. I tested it on a Sony 49" UHD 4K set this weekend. Neither CPU got above 20% most of the time.

Our Sony TV has a built in Media Player though - so it will play without an external XBMC style player if the media is in a compatible format on a USB hard drive.
I'd recommend Haswell based NUC's, including the very inexpensive ASUS and HP chromeboxes, as they can play H.264 encoded 4k content, and output at 4k easily. OpenELEC and Helix builds of XBMC can play h.265 HEVC encoded content in software, provided the processor is fast enough. If you can wait a few months, we'll see both an abundance of android boxes that can play 4k HEVC natively, and a new round of nucs based on intel's new Broadwell cpus that will also support h.265 in hardware.
Hi,

+1 for the Asus Chromebox-M004U

I have tried 4k samples from http://www.elementaltechnologies.com/res...-sequences
All played well on the Intel Celeron 2955U.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k player setup?0