• 71(current)
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support
Maybe some one can help me out, I'm having a problem with creating a widget which shows me the last Shows I watched. I think it was called "Recommended Shows" but it's not in the list.

I tried it with Episode Smartlist but can't get to show the last Shows.
(2015-02-24, 16:10)cd492 Wrote: Maybe some one can help me out, I'm having a problem with creating a widget which shows me the last Shows I watched. I think it was called "Recommended Shows" but it's not in the list.

Don't believe Phil has implemented that feature. Sad
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2015-02-24, 18:18)bobrap Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 16:10)cd492 Wrote: Maybe some one can help me out, I'm having a problem with creating a widget which shows me the last Shows I watched. I think it was called "Recommended Shows" but it's not in the list.

Don't believe Phil has implemented that feature. Sad

Make a smart playlist and choose the episode playlist.
What do I select in the smart playlist rule?
(2015-02-24, 21:12)cd492 Wrote: What do I select in the smart playlist rule?

I didn't read that you had tried a smart playlist. I'm not sure, to be honest. If you want to show the next episode for each show, you might have to rely on a plugin. In that case, phil would have to add it.
Hi Phil.

Little display bug on List view and seasons :

As you can see number of episode in the first season of the list is head cut. It's not linked to itemlayout or focusedlayout state.

I have fix it by changing <posy>3</posy> to <posy>8<posy> at lines 354 and 431 in Viewtype_List.xml but don't know if it's the right way to fix it but it's work :

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Hi there,

anyone having an issues with starting playback from recent albums widget? Random albums widget is working (either widget1 ord wideg2), but recent does not start playback. Checked key pressed in the logs,
but it does not seem to trigger playback. Already tried a clean install, any idea? I already went through the widget include files and even the helper scripts ...

Cheers,

h3ll
(2015-02-23, 11:06)bolter Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 07:40)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 09:58)bolter Wrote: I too still get the sluggishness, even when I did turn on webserver. I do not get any problems running Confluence or Shednox skins, only when running Phil65 Aeon Nox skin. I am running window 7 and version 14.2beta1 of Kodi. I get the same problem on 2 windows machines.

The sluggishness is likely due to the loading of thumbs in the movie info paged. Once cached, the page should load faster. It's benefit/tradeoff decision to use the Movie Database to create dynamic content. When you add a new title to your library, the same process takes place as art is downloaded to your computer. Once cached, it loads pretty quickly.

I am not 100% convinced on that assumption (But it might be), as it only happens on the very first movie I visit and none of the others. Also it recurs on movies that I have visited before ( I would have thought they would be in cache after visiting at least once?) I have no problem loading thumbs for new movies once I get over the initial sluggishness.

Anyway keep up the good work Phil.

I wish to apologise to Warner306, I'm now in agreement with you on it being when loading the thumbs. The only question I have is, when the skin loads the thumbs into cache, does this only stay there until Kodi is restarted? Because it seems to go off and reloads them again as though you have never been into the movie info area before. I hope you understand my question.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all artwork, even cached artwork is stored in one of Kodi's many Db files, and in most cases you'll still be loading those images from a rotational-based hard disk, which itself is subject to latency and fragmentation. The display of artwork X from film Y needs to be read from the relevant database (latency) then located on the disk (latency) then displayed on the screen (latency).

Unless your running Kodi on an SSD (Which I don't recommend if you want to preserve the life of said SSD) then you need to accept that things aren't going to be "Instantaneous".
(2015-02-27, 17:39)gibxxi Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but all artwork, even cached artwork is stored in one of Kodi's many Db files, and in most cases you'll still be loading those images from a rotational-based hard disk, which itself is subject to latency and fragmentation. The display of artwork X from film Y needs to be read from the relevant database (latency) then located on the disk (latency) then displayed on the screen (latency).

Unless your running Kodi on an SSD (Which I don't recommend if you want to preserve the life of said SSD) then you need to accept that things aren't going to be "Instantaneous".

Thanks for your reply. I am running Kodi on an SDD. I have found that if there is a YouTube link that has a problem with the thumbnail when grabbed by extendedinfo and then added to cache, I get a slowdown of the skin for that movie info every time I check it. For quite a while I thought there was a fault with the skin slowing down every time I would check movie info for the first time after starting the skin, then it dawned on me that I was checking the same movie every time at the start of running the skin. That particular movie (for me at least) has a problem with one of the thumbnails for a YouTube link which seems to hang trying to grab it.
(2015-02-27, 17:39)gibxxi Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but all artwork, even cached artwork is stored in one of Kodi's many Db files, and in most cases you'll still be loading those images from a rotational-based hard disk, which itself is subject to latency and fragmentation. The display of artwork X from film Y needs to be read from the relevant database (latency) then located on the disk (latency) then displayed on the screen (latency).

Ramdrive FTW! Nod
(2015-02-28, 01:43)bolter Wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I am running Kodi on an SDD. I have found that if there is a YouTube link that has a problem with the thumbnail when grabbed by extendedinfo and then added to cache, I get a slowdown of the skin for that movie info every time I check it. For quite a while I thought there was a fault with the skin slowing down every time I would check movie info for the first time after starting the skin, then it dawned on me that I was checking the same movie every time at the start of running the skin. That particular movie (for me at least) has a problem with one of the thumbnails for a YouTube link which seems to hang trying to grab it.

That would indeed be a separate issue. Is there a chance this is a HTML5 issue? Not sure of the youtube addon's abilities since I hardly use it. But that might be your first port of call for a resolution. What does the log say?

EDIT: Realised your referring to a "link" and not a youtube video. I assume this is a link for the movie trailer? Have you tried switching the link for that movie (and/or others) to HDTrailers? Youtube seems to be more prone to trailers going "missing" in my experience. Also, some older films are on HDTrailers even after they have been long since deleted from youtube. Not a fix per-se, but an alternative. Also, the comment about HTML5 might be relevant depending on how that link gets answered by youtube itself in regards to your movie. Guesswork on my part at this stage.
I think I may have found a minor bug with the skin.
I am running windows 7 64 bit and Kodi 14.2 beta 1

I have slimlist and rounded covers both turned on. When I view version 5.0.7 of the YouTube app, everything works OK until you go in a bit further. If you follow the following steps - Browse Channels --> Best of Youtube --> #popularonyoutube (making sure your in list view) you then get no titles for the videos it finds. If you then turn off "Slimlists" the titles will appear. Can anyone else reproduce this fault? Like I said, it's a minor bug, but it's an inconvenience.

Just thought I'd let the people in charge know.
@phil65 great skin as allways
two things:
-Recomended Episodes Widget is still broken.
-Please add filename to subtitle download. Now I have to guess the right one.

Thank you
Can someone please help me?
The problem I have is if I go into a movie information screen for the first time after opening Aeon Nox, the skin will hang (freeze) for 30 seconds to a minute then everything is ok. This only happens for the first movie info visited, after that all info screens act fine. It has done this in Kodi 14.0, 14.1, 14.2 beta1 and now 15.0 alpha 1

Attached is a Debug log for fault finding.
Hopefully someone will see a problem

http://goo.gl/JVYheQ

Edit: This error only happens if you visit movie info on a movie that you haven't viewed info before. All movies that you have visited before are fine.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support11