Cannot Connect to Mythtv 0.27 Backend
Not sure even how to diagnose the problem; however, I have tried a variety of different setups to get pvr-mythtv to connect to my functioning mythtv backend (using either frodo or gotham (stable, unstable or nightly builds) with mythtv 0.27).

I believe I have all the settings correct in the configuration for xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth.

Also tried xbmc-pvr-mythtv instead however; it doesn't even have a spot for me to enter my password in the configuration. If someone could help me troubleshoot the issue.

Running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (fully up to date)

Thank you very much for your time. This is the last step for my complete XBMC perfect setup.
There are a number of things that can go wrong. We'll analyse this step by step.

First step, does mythfrontend work from the client machine? If it doesn't then XBMC never will. Try it and see.

The next step involves checking that you can log on to MySQL from the client machine. In a terminal type
Code:
telnet backend 3306
and see if you get a connection. If not, then MySQL is probably not listening on the network.

Get back to me with your results before changing anything!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
telnet localhost 3306

returns:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
[
5.5.38-0ubuntu0.14.04.1�{6:]I4h�Mx7F9+jVPkN!mysql_native_passwordConnection closed by foreign host.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Upgraded to XBMC 13.2 (unstable) with xbmc-pvr-mythtv and it worked. 13.1 and 12.0 both did not work with mythtv 0.27.

Thank you for your help!
13.1 and 12 DO work with 0.27, but glad you got it working!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Still don't know what the problem was. It is still somewhat unstable. I frequently have a problem connecting to the backend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Connect to Mythtv 0.27 Backend0