XBMCBuntu General Qustions
Hi,

Ive been using openelec for a few months and love its simplicity and completeness.

hpwever I want to try netflix in chrome browser however and so though I might try xbmcbuntu.

1. Does the addition of a desktop environment mean its easy to install chrome beta and other apps?
2. Does the sound issue in linux still exist in xbmcbuntu? Ive tried standard linux install with xbmc on top but the surround sound support is horrible. You have to uninstall native sound or something... bleh. openelec works out of the box, does this?

Thanks guys.
1. Yeah, you can drop out of the XBMC session and log into the desktop session to install stuff. Alternatively you can do it from a command line either locally or via ssh with 'sudo apt-get install somepackage'
2. If you mean pulseaudio then a) it was never an issue for me, and b) it's not included in the current XBMCbuntu release.

BTW I have a full blown Ubuntu 14.04 rig, and I can do 5.1 passthrough no problem Smile

XBMCbuntu when I tried it last worked fine, although I had to set up my remote with it (because its an xbox360 media remote). Other than that, everything was as expected.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks mate
Finding this quite hard at the moment.

I cant figure out how to mount my internal media drive. I can do it manually everytime which isnt very useful.

There doesnt seem to be any of the regular tools available for linux. Like Disks for example. That makes it really easy to automount but without it im stuck.
Just put an entry into /etc/fstab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu General Qustions0