Release SteamUI - Launch Steam games straight from XBMC - Windows
ok! that's no problem just asking..you never know... ( well I never knowSmile)
thanks
Another question is it possible to hide mouse cursor while loading? Like you do with task bar?
Just an esthetic stuff but in case it is an easy thing to add...
Thanks
Cheers
Yeah I could definitely do that, I need to implement some better error checking with the loading screen so it disappears and brings the taskbar back if there was an issue launching the game. When I have another look at that I'll look at hiding the cursor as well.
Great thanks!
Doesn't work on my end. Steam hangs when trying to launch a game. I double checked to make sure I entered the correct ID/pass and that was fine.

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to have the BPM overlay when launching games from Advanced Launcher with .bat files? I've already set up my arts and everything, that's all I really want honestly.
Not sure why Steam is hanging for you, I've been too busy this week to spend any proper time on this but my next priority is definitely implementing some better error handling so I can nut out any little problems like that one.

To answer your other question, the way I'm launching it is with an Autohotkey script (the script is compiled into a .exe but I've included the AHK script in the plugins resources/scripts folder) but it's a bit of a mess at the moment. Basically what you would need to do in a batch script is launch steam in big picture mode (or tell it to open big picture mode if it's already running), then send the command to run the game. Something like this (untested):

Code:
tasklist|>nul find /i "Steam.exe"
if errorlevel 1 (
start Steam.exe -bigpicture
) else (
start Steam.exe "steam://open/bigpicture"
)

start Steam.exe "steam://rungameid/APPID"
Darn, wanted to avoid that. It's far from ideal, imo. I wish Valve would allow us to choose which overlay we want to use regardless of the mode Steam is running in.
Would it be possible to search elsewhere to give boxart instead. Plus if you want help designing a custom window.xml I could help.

You could use http://thegamesdb.net/ for scraping data.
How about using addonscripterDE's Chrome launcher add-on to launch the store.
The shortcuts defiantly have a launch game id shown by creating a desktop shortcut from within steam.
It seems if there is any update to the game you are trying to launch, it looks as if it's stuck on the "launching game" screen. I had waited out the update steam was applying, however it failed to launch the game. Is there any way to default to BPM if the game doesn't launch in a certain amount of time?
I hate to bump such an old thread but I'm getting "Script failed" when trying to launch a game.When it actually attempts to launch a game it just hangs on "launching game". Using 13.2 atm.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
I take it this add-on is dead?
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
Is this working for anyone? It just hangs on the "loading game" screen.
Damn, sounds dead. Might try SteamBMC.
If that's a bust too, just use AdvanceLauncher?

I had to wipe my HTPC from Win8 to Win7 last night due to issues and am planning on giving all this "Launching everything from XBMC" stuff a go, this weekend. So, so far all I have are links and ideas.

The only working repo I could find for AdvanceLauncher was from SuperRepo. I really hope it's not all virused. D:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SteamUI - Launch Steam games straight from XBMC - Windows1