Back button on home screen (override visualisation)
I gather that when on the home screen and music is playing, the default (hard-coded?) behaviour of the back button is to go to WINDOW_VISUALISATION (or if playing video, WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_VIDEO).

Looking at other skins, it seems a dialogue window can be created to customise the visualisation screen, by (basically) using the following condition:
Code:
<visible>Player.ShowInfo + Window.IsVisible(visualisation)</visible>

That's fine, but what I'd really like to do is if music is playing, go to the track view of the playing album (which is a view I created within the MySongs.xml navigation 'tree' for want of better terminology!) Is there a way of doing this?

Failing that, is there something I can add to Home.xml (or wherever) so the back button just does nothing when on the home screen and music is playing? I tried using the previous window tag, but it just seems to be ignored.

Many thanks.
Yep the onback action is hardcoded, what you can do is a menu item or a button and trigger it to activate your defined window.
It's not actually hard-coded you simply need to edit your keyboard.xml with the function you want.
Hmmm.. unless I'm missing something there's no way to go back to the window with the track list of the of the currently playing item (that I'm aware of)??

Looks like the only thing to do is replicate the view but populate the media items using the relevant MusicPlayer info labels. But then I'm a bit stuck dynamically filling a list of tracks because it relies MusicPlayer.offset(number).Title... and this will obviosuly vary from album to album.

I'm sure there is a way to do this, but it's beyond my skills... Any ideas Hitcher?

Thanks.
Thinking about it I guess 'all' I need to do is populate a grouplist with all current playlist items (since playing an album essentially creates a playlist with all album tracks??) - this would work quite well for what I'm trying to do. Is this possible and does that make sense!?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back button on home screen (override visualisation)0