• 7(current)
WIP 3dLUT support
Spent the weekend getting this installed and struggling with creating the right format of 3dlut under linux. After all that work, looks like I have success. The night scenes in Pacific Rim have never looked better.

Thanks for your continued work on this lmyllari. As some have said before, it's a bit of a niche feature, but I really appreciate it and I sure others out there will too.
it's been along time, hope all ok there.
it's been quite intersting lately especialy the switch from dvdplayer to videoplayer.
any chance for a jarvis -egl build with 3dLUT support, or maybe submits a PR to Kodi github.
i think the code is stable enough? at least using 3dlut file, don't know about icc profile.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
Semi unrelated idea :

Is it in the realm of possibility to imagine packing in the bare essentials from argyll into an addon to provide calibration from within kodi?
Hi lmyllari

Any update ?
can you build us a version with last fritsch build?

thanks in advance
This would make for a killer feature together in combination with the egl build. I have looked a little at the eecolor 3d lut box http://www.lightillusion.com/eecolor_lut_box.html

With this feature in Kodi, i wouldn't need one. Even if you manage to calibrate your TV fairly well, that all the primary and secondary colors align on the color map, the colors will be totally off at places, plus you can correct for gamma, and hit 2.3-2.4 for that glorious 3d cinemalike look.

Down the road there could also an option to switch different correction files (or maybe even autoswitch depending on the time of day) for day/night/"superdark" modes.
Wow this really is an awesome feature. Thank you for all the hard work Imyllary.

I was wondering, would it be possible to apply a different LUT to each half of the output when playing a 3D file? That would make it possible to do color correction for color filter systems like Dolby/Infitec and the Omega 3D System without using expensive color correction boxes.
I'm following this project with great interest. I just picked up a i1Display Pro and am curious to what method everyone is using to generate their 3DLUT files.

How much CPU horsepower is needed for the processing? Is there any plans for a RPi2 build?
I'll create a PR when I have a moment to bring everything up to date and make sure it works correctly. That should make it easier for anyone to create builds and backport as needed. I'll need to figure out which branch to target - probably FernetMenta's master?

Jdiesel: I used madVR and dispcalGUI on Windows to create the 3DLUTs. I got the best results on my plasmas with little ambient light, meter an inch off the screen, small window size with 22% APL background, slow calibration and automatically generated patches (good results with a few hundred patches, slightly better with a few thousand). I created 5 3DLUTs from the measurements: bt.1886 and every combination of gamma 2.2/2.4 and input/output offset.

All the video processing is done on the GPU using a shader. I wouldn't expect anything less than a Chromebox to be able to handle it but would be happy to be proven wrong (and I can try to help any developers interested in trying).

Enkhil: You probably could with some modifications.
slightly off topic but for my plasma I've used a 12% window / 0 APL on my Pioneer Kuro. It seems to have worked well.
For those interested, here's a good comparison: http://www.tlvexp.ca/2013/05/apl-of-the-...a-tv-gods/

As long as you are between 10% and 18% window, you should get good readings. There seems concensus that 12 to 18% are good for plasma. The most important thing is to get a smooth gamma up to at least 70IRE, small color variances aren't as easily detected. With Plasma, they usually have an extended color gamut too. You might want to correct this out, but you may want to keep it / keep some out it as it makes the movies really shine Smile. Also remember to have a good base calibration of your plasma (with the plasma's built in advanced picture settings, before doing a 3dlut calibration of the base. There's always tradeoffs regarding plasmas, and with experience you will get a handle of how to pick your poisonSmile
Very nice.... looking forward for a fresh build Smile
Works fine with my i3 Chromebox.
(2015-11-10, 21:56)lmyllari Wrote: I'll create a PR when I have a moment to bring everything up to date and make sure it works correctly. That should make it easier for anyone to create builds and backport as needed. I'll need to figure out which branch to target - probably FernetMenta's master?

A build based on FrenetMenta's branch would be great.
Any news on the new build? Thanks.
Is there any chance of this making it into FernetMenta's master branch? Or possibly a build based on 15.2 in the meantime? Either way your work on this killer feature is greatly appreciated.
....as github is deleted and the author of this thread doesn´t answer anymore... may i ask if the project is dead or still alive?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3dLUT support3