• 2(current)
WIP 3dLUT support
I was really excited too!

Is this to much of a niche feature?

Unofficial addon in openelec maybe?
I'd use it ... It's just as much of a niche feature as XBMC Boblight, another of my favorites.
Hi,
i read this and find it absolutely hot! This time i use a program named "dipcalGUI". And this wonderful program contains all we need inside XBMC. I can't write code and so on, but i think, use such a program is better than make a new one. Is this correct?

MR
Sorry for the radio silence. I got unsubscribed from this thread, and haven't had time to work on this. I now have a laptop set up with dispcalGUI/madVR/HCFR so I can create and measure profiles and make sure this produces accurate results.

I will be updating the code to Helix and fixing it based on the earlier review as soon as possible.
Hi
I did I quick check and I don't think it is too much work adapting it to windows. But If you don't mind I have a question (maybe stupid)
If you desktop is loaded with a calibrated profile. Why do you need to load another profile when running Kodi. Is there a difference in calibration?
Why not use the normal profile?
(2015-01-04, 17:51)Mr Hipp Wrote: If you desktop is loaded with a calibrated profile. Why do you need to load another profile when running Kodi. Is there a difference in calibration?
Three reasons:
- I was originally going to support only device link profiles, but later figured out how to do the linking too
- My GPU gamma curves have only 8bit precision, so I thought I'd rather do all the processing myself
- I'm using OpenELEC, so integration with the desktop or other applications is not necessary
(2015-01-04, 17:51)Mr Hipp Wrote: If you desktop is loaded with a calibrated profile. Why do you need to load another profile when running Kodi. Is there a difference in calibration?

Linux users typically don't have a desktop GUI running.
Very interested in the development of this and just wanted to voice my support FWIW!
Any further updates on this? What about Windows support? This feature would be incredible if MadVR isn't supported.
I am currently working on HDMI deep color output. I'd like to avoid dithering to 8 bits and output 12 bits per channel instead.

Intel gpus have high precision gamma tables that I would like to use for the calibration.

I have 12bpc deep color output working with patched Haswell Linux drivers, but I'm guessing the legacy palette is limiting the precision to 8bpc. I have a patch to use the high resolution gamma table but haven't had a chance to test yet.
(2015-02-13, 18:23)lmyllari Wrote: I am currently working on HDMI deep color output. I'd like to avoid dithering to 8 bits and output 12 bits per channel instead.

Intel gpus have high precision gamma tables that I would like to use for the calibration.

I have 12bpc deep color output working with patched Haswell Linux drivers, but I'm guessing the legacy palette is limiting the precision to 8bpc. I have a patch to use the high resolution gamma table but haven't had a chance to test yet.

Very very interesting.

Is this solely in the intel IGP domain or could this happen on the nvidia side?
I am not sure what the nvidia drivers are capable of. They should do at least 30bpp framebuffer but I don't know about the output or gamma tables.

I don't have any nvidia hardware. Is there anything similar to the Chromebox/NUCs with nvidia?
(2015-02-16, 06:28)lmyllari Wrote: I am not sure what the nvidia drivers are capable of. They should do at least 30bpp framebuffer but I don't know about the output or gamma tables.

I don't have any nvidia hardware. Is there anything similar to the Chromebox/NUCs with nvidia?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...id=5096#ov

But that's not going to cut it. They seem to leave that out for the quadros

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...JmbQ%3D%3D

Can the IGP really output 10bit or are we talking about playing back 10bit material with hardware accelerated decode?
Any updates on this? Really looking forward to be able to calibrate my openelec systems.
any progress? can't wait to try it out wih my OE setupCool

cheers
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3dLUT support3