• 4(current)
WIP 3dLUT support
Before: https://www.dropbox.com/s/koeljz5n5nhgha...e.pdf?dl=0

After: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g381cxw0um7vz6...t.pdf?dl=0

Pretty good result, but there is some room for improvement. Maybe the 65x65x65 resolution is not enough.
Very promising for a wip featureRofl
just out of curiosity, do you think it will ready to be merged to the main branch when v16 devloppement start?
P.S: i was plaining to help testing this great feature, but for now i couldn't make an openlec build based on your xbmc branchSad
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
I'm not sure what the release schedule looks like. I want to fix and verify the precision, add support for madVR 3dlut format and clean up the LUT loader code, and add some user settings (at least an enable/disable) before merging into my own feature branch, and making a PR for review.

I would expect at least a few rounds of review and improvement before this can be merged to upstream.

My "production" systems run OpenELEC so I will start making builds as soon as it's working well enough for my own use.
(2015-06-05, 16:38)lmyllari Wrote: I'm not sure what the release schedule looks like. I want to fix and verify the precision, add support for madVR 3dlut format and clean up the LUT loader code, and add some user settings (at least an enable/disable) before merging into my own feature branch, and making a PR for review.

I would expect at least a few rounds of review and improvement before this can be merged to upstream.

My "production" systems run OpenELEC so I will start making builds as soon as it's working well enough for my own use.

sounds great Nod
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
The dropbox results are the kind of thing we are looking for!

I know it;s early, but have to ask :

How's performance? Is it ok during playback?

I seem to remember that a long while ago, there was a performance concern 3dlut'ing on the fly.
I'll verify later, but I think my Haswell celeron integrated GPU can handle it at 1080p60.

I don't have anything slower to test with.
I added support for the 3DLUT file format which is also used by madVR. Code is still in the tmp2 branch waiting verification and cleanup.
M8 please is there a way i can use that in windows? Atm i use kodi with external mpc as player and i really miss things
There's no substitute for experience
(2015-06-21, 09:58)bluechris Wrote: M8 please is there a way i can use that in windows? Atm i use kodi with external mpc as player and i really miss things
Not yet, sorry. This is only for Linux at the moment. Porting to Windows shouldn't be difficult but needs to be done by someone who understands the Direct3D renderer.
I think my previous profile was off. I made a new profile using DCG in linux (no calibration, 1553 patches), took the madVR 3dlut and measured it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9983zfg1m76s6...2.pdf?dl=0
(2015-06-21, 16:45)lmyllari Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 09:58)bluechris Wrote: M8 please is there a way i can use that in windows? Atm i use kodi with external mpc as player and i really miss things
Not yet, sorry. This is only for Linux at the moment. Porting to Windows shouldn't be difficult but needs to be done by someone who understands the Direct3D renderer.
What about porting to GLSL ES for Android, iOS, and embedded Linux systems/devices based on the OpenGL ES 2.0 specification like Raspberry Pi (2)?
FernetMenta & fritsch currently are working on EGL build of kodi:
Quote:Color Conversion (for this new version):

Prefer VAAPI Render Method in combination with "Use Limit Range" now outputs Limited Range RGB without(!) any upscaling to full and downscaling afterwards.
If you have a Limited Range TV, set your GPU to full range (xrandr) and check the "Use Limited Range" option from within kodi. That setting will rescale the GUI / Picture Gallery and so on, but keep the Video in its original Limited Range -> no banding anymore.

If you prefer everything on Full Range, a little shader scales the Limited Range to Full Range automatically when the above "Use Limited Range" is not ticked. If you don't need "Deinterlace" method for deinterlacing, cause VAAPI-MADI, VAAPI-MCDI and VAAPI-BOB are working nicely, you don't need to disable Prefer VAAPI Render Method anymore in order to bypass the Full conversion with using the SW Render.

For the future we are working with intel's mesa department to copy the NV12 surfaces directly. That way we will gain another 1.5 increase as we don't need to have VAAPI convert NV12 to RGB32 (limited) internally.

For source builders:
You need fernementa's EGL branch (Revert the pvr api bump, as other addons are not compatible with that one), libegl1-mesa-dev installed and a patched libva-driver-intel (see wsnipex vaapi ppa, we worked around a segfault there).

I think it might be intersting for your work.
(2015-06-22, 16:08)RockerC Wrote: What about porting to GLSL ES for Android, iOS, and embedded Linux systems/devices based on the OpenGL ES 2.0 specification like Raspberry Pi (2)?
I see two issues.

3D textures are not part of GLES2. There is an extension GL_OES_texture_3D but I don't know how widely that is supported. I don't think RPi has it. It might be possible to flatten the lookup table to a 2D texture, sample twice and interpolate.

Another issue is bandwidth. Can these platforms push enough pixels with GLES?

edit: looks like GL_OES_texture_3D is pretty widely supported on Android devices: http://delphigl.de/glcapsviewer/gles_lis...texture_3D
(2015-06-22, 17:59)sat4all Wrote: FernetMenta & fritsch currently are working on EGL build of kodi:
[snip]
I think it might be intersting for your work.
Thanks, very interesting. I've heard this mentioned before but didn't know the status. Is there a thread for this?

I'll test the EGL branch and if it works, rebase my code on top of that.
@lmyllari

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2035227
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/tree/EGL
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3dLUT support3