[SOLVED]Three clicks to watch movie - how to stop?
Hey guys and gals

Have just recently started using Amber and love the options that
are available within the skin.

Sure the following questions may have been asked before and for that I apologise but I don't know how to word my search for an answer.

I have 2 minor issues with Amber and would like to know if
anyone can help me with these:

1 - When I click on the Movies button from the main screen I am taken to a list of my movies but then when I select a movie it takes me to another screen showing that movie only and a small still image from the movie to the left.

Is there any way to set this up so as when I click the movie in the main list it will just start playing from there (ie: when I click it on the page where it is showing the fanart and movie description etc)?

2 - When I select a movie and then get to the second screen (ie: the
one with the still image) if I right click on the mouse to exit it throws me back to the main menu and not the full movie folder menu list as it does if I Backspace on the keyboard.

Any way to stop that and if not is it maybe something that would be considered in any future update?

I should probably also mention that I have a second Concerts folder and have created a button for Concerts which does the same as above if I enter Concerts - could this possibly be causing conflict?

Also I am actually clicking 4 buttons to play a movie for example: Movies -> Movies -> Five Days Of War -> Five Days Of War

So as it stands the full process to watch a movie from either Movies OR Concerts is like this:

1: Select Movies from the main menu

2: Select the Movies directory

3: Select the movie

4: Select the movie again

Appreciate any help I may receive here - thankyou.
1. There's a setting under Settings > Video > File Lists > Default Select Action. Change it to 'Play'.

Can't help with 2, I don't use a mouse.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately that is not the problem as I already have that option set.
I might be wrong but it seems like you didn't scan your folders into XBMC library, thus, you are browsing your media just like you would in WindowsExplorer.

What action mouse does is up to XBMC, but my humble advice is to use keyboard if you can.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

My current setup is this:

Network and Sharing Center -> Home or Work -> Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing turned on/ Public folder sharing turned off

I have an external drive plugged directly to USB on my notebook with these settings:

Movies Directory with a heap of movies -> Properties -> Sharing -> Advanced Sharing -> Share this folder
Concerts Directory with all my live concert vids -> Properties -> Sharing -> Advanced Sharing -> Share this folder

In XBMC (using the Amber skin) I then go to:

Videos -> Files - > Files -> Add Videos -> Browse -> G: (My Passport) -> Movies -> OK -> OK
Videos -> Files - > Files -> Add Videos -> Browse -> G: (My Passport) -> Concerts -> OK -> OK

The setup that I want to achieve is this:

A concerts button added to the main menu
The Concerts videos not to be seen when browsing the Movies directory
And not having to click MOVIES -> Movies -> Name_of_movie -> Name_of_movie OR CONCERTS -> Name_of_concert -> Name_of_concert

Instead I simply want to click:

MOVIES (without the Concerts directory appearing at all) -> Name_of_movie -> watching movie

OR

CONCERTS -> Name_of_concert -> watching concert movie

I'm pretty sure that I should instead be doing this via Windows Network (SMB) which I have before and this may well be the issue but my Networking skills aren't exactly what they probably should be.

I have installed Gotham (fresh) which I am more than happy to do and will try again with SMB.

Once more though folks, I am after 2 directories that are in no way associated with each other and a simple 2 click play option like I can get in confluence.
Once again also - I do really like this skin and moved to it because it offered the feature of adding menu items and in my case I wanted to add CONCERTS but this is seriously starting to annoy me (a little bit like getting teeth pulled to be quite honest Smile

Maybe I should just dump ALL the movies including concerts into the one folder, be happy to search and be done with it or is what I'm trying to do here actually achievable and I just ain't gettin' it?

Anyways, the popcorn's ready, it's gettin' late and I got a must see - so I'll check back in here in a couple if hours.

I appreciate any help folks
(2014-08-23, 15:18)namsdrawkcab Wrote: In XBMC (using the Amber skin) I then go to:

Videos -> Files - > Files -> Add Videos -> Browse -> G: (My Passport) -> Movies -> OK -> OK
Concerts -> Files - > Files -> Add Videos -> Browse -> G: (My Passport) -> Movies -> OK -> OK

That's good. Now proceed

So you get them scanned into XBMC database:

On existing folders you already added to XBMC as media SOURCES but you haven't SCANNED them into db use "C" on your keyboard:

to define content that's in them and get to "This directory contains" dialog shown above.

Helps?

For music videos change "this directory contains" to Music Videos. I recommend installing Concerts scraper (e.g. this one )

Install it as any other add-on prior to changing content on your concerts folder so XBMC can grab posters for you.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK - so half me popcorn's gone but I just can't put a problem to rest till it's fixed.

Am scanning in the first folder now as per your directions kind sir.

Will get the second folder in and follow your instructions as suggested and get back to you as soon as I'm done - cheers
OK - so I've scanned in the MOVIES folder - I had already done this prior hence why I get all the fanart etc automatically.

Movies now play with a single click from Movies -> Library -> Movies -> Title -> movie_title

If I am to understand you correctly I need to use an add on scraper for feature length concert videos correct?

If this is the case and follow all your directions above in regard to the CONCERTS directory will a home screen button be automatically created for for CONCERTS or will I still need to manually create one?

If manual creation could you please give me a brief refresher on how to do this - so many options and so little time Smile

Thankyou so much for your help thus far.
(2014-08-23, 16:17)namsdrawkcab Wrote: OK - so I've scanned in the MOVIES folder - I had already done this prior hence why I get all the fanart etc automatically.

Movies now play with a single click from Movies -> Library -> Movies -> Title -> movie_title

If I am to understand you correctly I need to use an add on scraper for feature length concert videos correct?

If this is the case and follow all your directions above in regard to the CONCERTS directory will a home screen button be automatically created for for CONCERTS or will I still need to manually create one?

If manual creation could you please give me a brief refresher on how to do this - so many options and so little time Smile

Thankyou so much for your help thus far.

Settings / skin settings / reset all to default values (this will clear all customizations you might have done so far on Amber)

Re-enable vertical menu layout on home.

Clicking Movies (will appear automatically as you have content in library) on home should take you directly to a list of all movies in your library, no need navigate.

Once you scan concerts using newly installed media agent/addon mentioned above go to settings/ home menu and enable CONCERTS

You should be done.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK - after a good rest I am ready to do battle here again.

So I cleared all the skin settings no problem.

Please note that I am now using the horizontal menu layout (which I want to keep).

Yes - If I click MOVIES in the main menu I do indeed go directly to the menu and am able to play a movie with one click.

Still having MASSIVE problems with CONCERTS though.

I have removed the concerts source and then:

SETTINGS -> XBMC -> VIDEOS -> CLEAN LIBRARY

I did so because the CONCERTS button just won't work and still won't after having done the following:

VIDEOS -> FILES -> ADD VIDEOS -> BROWSE -> GSadMY PASSPORT) -> Concerts -> I can see a full directory listing of my concerts which are in individual folders of the same name -> OK -> CONCERTS auto inserted as name for media input box -> OK -> THIS DIRECTORY CONTAINS MUSIC VIDEOS (I notice that the highlighter/ checkmark for this can also be moved from left to right. I have it set to the right - which side should I ensure it is on or does it not matter?) -> Check USE FOLDER NAMES FOR LOOKUPS AND SCAN RECURSIVELY -> Select THE MOVIE DATABASE CONCERTS from list of available scrapers (after having installed via zip) -> OK -> CHANGE CONTENT - YES -> movies get scanned in

Here is where I have the problem:

In the submenu under the main screen VIDEOS button I now see CONCERTS (this CONCERTS sub menu button works and takes me directly to CONCERTS which is fantastic however it is NOT what I want - I want a main menu button)

If I click VIDEOS in main menu I see MUSIC VIDEOS which contains all my concerts from the Concerts folder

If I go to VIDEOS in main menu -> FILES -> I can then see CONCERTS

Obviously there is no point in "Right clicking or keyboard C" VIDEOS -> MUSIC VIDEOS to CHANGE CONTENT because the CONTENT is already there

and...... same with

VIDEOS -> FILES -> CONCERTS because the content is already set to MUSIC VIDEOS (unless the moving of the radio button from left to right can have anything to do with it) and the scraper is set to THE MOVIE DATABASE CONCERTS ......and ..... the concerts, fanart etc... for them is already there in both MUSIC VIDEOS .......and...... CONCERTS .....phew (takes deep breath).

This is definitely somewhat confusing in itself and more than likely the root of my problem ie: because the files apppear in so many places and with different directory names all containing the same content (pulling teeth again here Smile.

So........

If I go to:

SETTINGS -> HOME MENU -> select EMPTY NOT USED CLICK TO CUSTOMIZE -> select NO ACTION -> Clear NO ACTION and enter CONCERTS -> DONE

... the main menu CONCERTS button is created but it does not do anything except make the click sound.

Please note that when entering title for the CONCERTS button I have witnessed that an ip address of 192.168.1.1 is appearing in the column to the right.

My default gateway is at 192.168.2.1 - what is happening here and can you PLEASE help me fix it.

SINCERELY VERY VERY Confused BACKWARDSMAN on a mega spiral.

And a very short ps AFTER yet NOTHER megapost - I may run a test with SMB to see if there's any difference - worth a shot maybe?
Guys and gals - I think I owe anyone who has looked into this for me over the last couple of posts here an apology .

I have the problem sorted and I feel like an idiot.

I have just read back over one of your posts @pecinko and in particular:

Quote:Once you scan concerts using newly installed media agent/addon mentioned above go to settings/ home menu and enable CONCERTS

I was trying to add CONCERTS into an empty button input and at no time realised that when this folder was scanned and the scraper applied to it that a CONCERTS button was auto created for me but just happened to be disabled - I didn't bother to check the list of available options after importing the CONCERTS directory and was instead trying to create a button for myself.

Long story short - I enabled the CONCERTS button and everything is as I would like it.

I am still a little perplexed as to why I saw the 192.168.1.1 address when I was trying to create the CONCERTS button of my own accord - is this simply XBMC identifying it's own entries or something? It's just that I find that a little strange when if I go to:

SETTINGS -> XBMC -> SYSTEM INFO

... I am being assigned an IP within the address pool of my local network and XBMC is in fact using the default gateway at 192.168.2.1 - so where is the 192.168.1.1 coming from when trying to create a custom menu entry - can someone fill me in with some details here and let me know if this is anything to be concerned about?

Thankyou all VERY VERY much for your patience with me - appreciate it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED]Three clicks to watch movie - how to stop?0