Can I connect Comcast cable box into XBMC box via HDMI-In?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
jbrady3324 Offline
I am familiar with the PVR setups, but I actually enjoy the X1 interface. I am curious if there is a way for me to run the Comcast X1 box through my XBMC box using HDMI-In so I can view the X1 interface and watch able TV via my XBMC interface. I believe Xbox One offers some kind of functionality like this and I am curious if XBMC can do it to. I believe this is called Pass-Through or something similar..

My goal is to have everything be on one HDMI input and one interface
find quote
TheReef510 Offline
No.
find quote
jbrady3324 Offline
That is a bummer. I think this would be a great feature to add/implement. Although, I am not sure any Video Cards have HDMI-In
(This post was last modified: 2014-08-25 18:03 by jbrady3324.)
find quote
nickr Offline
Donor
No but there are capture cards that do. It's not really a video card function is it?

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
I'm not sure how well XBMC runs on them, but there are a number of Google TV boxes that can run XBMC and also have HDMI input, with kind of the same idea as the Xbox One. That might be worth looking into.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote