Release [Alpha] Welo HD
Yes, finally. I was waiting for this one. I love the design. Will check it out when I'm home tonight.
The speed difference between this and the original Welo on my modest hardware is amazing. I haven't played around too much with the skin, so forgive me if these aren't actually issues:

- The "recently added" view should have a fixed wrap view if you only have a few recently added items. It looks a bit silly with just my one movie being tiled to the left and right Tongue

- In the file manager, is it possible to change the text colour of the selected item to white (or something lighter) as it's hard to read the item you have selected (original Welo has this problem as well). Also will it be possible to turn off the "glare/reflection" texture on all the items?

- Will it be possible to have the option to have the old style recently added items look? I quite liked getting a sneak peak in the main view.
Hi phool,

(2014-08-29, 12:29)phool Wrote: The speed difference between this and the original Welo on my modest hardware is amazing.

In a good way or bad?!! Aminations have been speeded up a bit, to make the skin appear a bit more fluid and speedy.

(2014-08-29, 12:29)phool Wrote: - The "recently added" view should have a fixed wrap view if you only have a few recently added items. It looks a bit silly with just my one movie being tiled to the left and right Tongue

No problem, I can add that as an option. Wink

(2014-08-29, 12:29)phool Wrote: - In the file manager, is it possible to change the text colour of the selected item to white (or something lighter) as it's hard to read the item you have selected (original Welo has this problem as well). Also will it be possible to turn off the "glare/reflection" texture on all the items?

I'm planning on redesigning the file manager, and changing it from a full on window to a dialog screen similar in design to the other dialog screens.

(2014-08-29, 12:29)phool Wrote: - Will it be possible to have the option to have the old style recently added items look? I quite liked getting a sneak peak in the main view.

I was thinking about having the recent/random list peaking out similar to the old style, then when you go down to activate, it slides to the right and disappears, then expands back out to the left as is. I'll have a think about it. There's other bits that need finishing first so i'll have a play sometime in the future!

Cheers Wink
Thanks for the reply liquiskin76. Welo is really my favorite skin, so I'm thrilled to get a chance to play around with the HD alpha.

The speed is good! Well except when I'm trying to select yes/no and end up going back to the original item (not sure if this is down to use error or dying batteries in the remote).

Is there a chance for a fanart-centric now playing view for music? Well I guess it' just a matter for using artist fanart in place of the visualizer.

I'm also not sure if you saw this comment in my previous post - Also will it be possible to turn off the "glare/reflection" texture on all the items?
Not a bug, kind of a feature request, sort of.

Are you planning to give the option of library stats like I hacked into Welo 1?

Reference: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131426

An option to show stats or not would be great.

The skin is lovely and runs great, but the few graphical things mentioned already keep me from using it daily, but I know they will be eventually fixed and this will share equal time with Eminence for sure.

Thanks again liquidskin76

EDIT: I know I've mentioned this stats crap before, I just really like it with this skin in particular.
(2014-09-05, 10:37)three80 Wrote: Not a bug, kind of a feature request, sort of.

Are you planning to give the option of library stats like I hacked into Welo 1?

Reference: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131426

An option to show stats or not would be great.

The skin is lovely and runs great, but the few graphical things mentioned already keep me from using it daily, but I know they will be eventually fixed and this will share equal time with Eminence for sure.

Thanks again liquidskin76

EDIT: I know I've mentioned this stats crap before, I just really like it with this skin in particular.

No problem. The stats option is on my to-do list. I'll either have it as an optional replacement for the rss, or running above or below maybe.

Cheers Wink
Not sure if you already covered this, but I noticed when starting the video add-on - ice films, that the text is overlapping

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1lf9a...sp=sharing
nice one
quite like the style. have been testing only few minutes so far. even on XBian/Raspberry Pi is pretty snappy
I have found some bugs

1st - the sub menu is not much visible

2nd - have tested this on RPi and there are this weird lines, not sure what may cause it as on Windows build there are not

Also if I may, I would suggest to remove the line which I highlighted in red colour and remove the other two red marked parts to make it nicer (just my opinion).
And keep the selection black bar just inside the frame so its not go all the way to the thumbnail picture

Hope you don't mind my thoughts Wink
edit
I made a fresh install with kodi but i cant install this skin. It says i dont have the requirements to install. Please help me Smile
I guess, because it's not meant to work with Kodi. But it works with Gotham.
can't install on kodi 15.1. dependency error.
(2015-09-06, 14:12)shahinfarcry Wrote: can't install on kodi 15.1. dependency error.

Hi,

I stop development on Welo a while ago due to lack of free time. Not sure if i'll be returning to Welo any time soon. Sorry Undecided

Cheers
I was wondering if anyone happened to still have the last version that was posted of this skin. Many thanks and apologies for touching an archived skin thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Alpha] Welo HD3