• 7(current)
Xbox One controller Support
Greg01778 can you please share the XML, I have being trying to get this to work since I bought the new controller

Is there any reason why kodi doesn't do this as a default? In V17 they have a controller profile addon built in but no Xbox one support
I will get this added for you this afternoon when I get home from work
Here is a link to the XML file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxquhMS...sp=sharing

I placed this in two locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\keymaps\
and
C:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\

at this point I rebooted my PC (probably not necessary but my the Alpha Console auto boots/logs into kodi) and the XBox one S controller over bluetooth started working.

If interested, Alienware does publish the default version of this script (and others) on their GitHub page for free download:

https://github.com/alienwaresoftware/Kodi

this script is in kodi\Helix folder (I think under Kodi/Helix/service.aw.customizations/customizations10.zip but I really can' remember)

I have only tested this on Alienware Alpha Console setup but I don't see any reason it should not work for any other install. Worst case is you can install the zip files here and just not make any of the UI changes.

They do work in Kodi 16.1 with no issues as that is what I am running even though its marked as Helix

Let me know if oyu have any issues downloading the file and I can try to host it somewhere else
Thanks a lot Greg It works perfectly on kodi 16 so well done

You may need to change the left joystick aiming right to vol + to match the rest of your setup

PS: Version 17 beta 6 from the Windows Store or kodi.tv just works with Xbox one controller with Bluetooth
(I wish I knew that last week before editing xml files and constantly head butting my keyboard )
Hi Smile

I use Xbox360 wireless and wired with Kodi since several years : it work perfectly both on Kodi Windows and LibreElec (the wired one; i didn't tested the wireless).

Today i have to buy a new controller and i see that Xbox one controller is the successor. I think to buy the Xbox one controller new version with Bluetooth (not needed for the moment but maybe in the future) and audio jack. But if it doesn't work as well on Kodi i will buy and "old" Xbox360..

My questions :
1- Is Xbox one controller as well supported "out of the box" in Kodi Windows than Xbox360 controller ? If yes : is it supported for both wired or wireless connexion (wireless with PC dongle; i'm not talking about BlueTooth).
2- If you know : same question for LibreElec...

Thanks

Thanks Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One controller Support1