Android XBMC limitations on Android
Under Android 4.4 with Kodi 14.0 I can now switch the frame rate with the included program 'Frequency Switcher'. Won't do it automatically so I set the hotkey "T" for 50Hz and "M" for 24Hz.

T = TV 60P
M = Movies 24P
Hi, Is there any Android box that can change the framerate to 24hz/50hz and has this been confirmed by anyone?
New Android TV lollipop Nexus? anyone else new Android TV 5.0? any custom box Android 4.4 ? anyone else Android box 4.x ?

(2015-03-07, 00:23)xbmcdoc Wrote: Under Android 4.4 with Kodi 14.0 I can now switch the frame rate with the included program 'Frequency Switcher'. Won't do it automatically so I set the hotkey "T" for 50Hz and "M" for 24Hz.

T = TV 60P
M = Movies 24P

Is this sure, that sounds really good, Is this applicable in any app? Plex? Kodi? standalone android apps, Netflix etc?
What kind of "box" do you have?

Thanks.
(2015-04-07, 15:06)neandertal Wrote: Hi, Is there any Android box that can change the framerate to 24hz/50hz and has this been confirmed by anyone?
New Android TV lollipop Nexus? anyone else new Android TV 5.0? any custom box Android 4.4 ? anyone else Android box 4.x ?

(2015-03-07, 00:23)xbmcdoc Wrote: Under Android 4.4 with Kodi 14.0 I can now switch the frame rate with the included program 'Frequency Switcher'. Won't do it automatically so I set the hotkey "T" for 50Hz and "M" for 24Hz.

T = TV 60P
M = Movies 24P

Is this sure, that sounds really good, Is this applicable in any app? Plex? Kodi? standalone android apps, Netflix etc?
What kind of "box" do you have?

Thanks.

I only seen it for Kodi but I have not look to see if there other apps that will do that in the android system. Working on a MyGica ATV585B and CNX CS859.
Hi,
This "Frequency Switcher" program. Can you tell me more? I'm not sure what you mean by "Included program".
I'm running a KDLinks A300 with the newest (Isengard) release of Kodi, but can't get 24hz to work. Another included media player app does successfully switch frame rates, so I know it's possible on the device. I was told the KDLinks A300 is using Android 4.4.

Given the capabilities of Kodi, I'd really love to see 24hz available and I have no way of updating the version of Android on the A300.

xbmcdoc, can you say a bit more about how you did it?
-Pete

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC limitations on Android0