Solved How to scan your music library?
Hi,

I added my movies and tv shows into the library just fine. That works like a charm.
Nut when i add my music directory to the library, nithing comes up in the music section. I can only scroll through my subdirectories like in file manager. But i want a nice view just like the movies and tv shows.
Do I need to download an addon or something or am I doing something else wrong?

I hope you can help me out here.

Thanks in advance

Gr. Patrick
unfortunately we're a bit inconsistent here (which is bugging me for long, but others want it that way). For videos, we immediately ask you about the content type of the just added share and if you want to scan the content of this share into your library. For music we don't do this, because some claim that one might want to use different metadata providers (scrapers) depending on the genre or whatever for better matches. Thus you define the default scraper in settings and can overrule it for each folder in the share. To trigger an initial scan, fire up the context menu (right click on mouse, "c" button on keyboard, usually menu button on remotes) on the share and choose "scan for new content" (or "add to library" - not sure how it's labeled exactly). After that, wait for a very long time (depending on the size of your library). After initial scan finished, you have the same nice library views as for movies and tv-shows
because this question is not specific to the PI I moved it to the general support forum. I also adjusted the thread title to be more descriptive and of help for others.
Thanks, I will try this tonight.
Does the music file type affect the outcome?

ie... If they are wav files, there will be no readable metadata for Kodi, thus the need to scroll sub directories to find music... As I have learnt from my previous post

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200279

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to scan your music library?0