Intel NUC Help!
Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to search these forums for the answer but I haven't found it yet, I do apologise if it has already been answered.

I am in need of some help with my current HTPC setup. I am currently using an old laptop as my HTPC but it's becoming not very user friendly and a bit annoying.

I'm looking to get an Intel NUC but have no idea which one to get. I love the form factor of the Intel NUC as it looks like it would fit perfectly next to my television.

I need to Intel NUC to be able to handle the following:
  • (2D / 3D) 1080p BluRay Rips / REMUX ~ 30GB file
  • DTS-HD Audio
  • Running XBMC (OpenElec) without any lag

I don't want the Intel NUC to have any lag, I have a movie collection of around 1000 movies all BluRay and need to make that my box is responsive.

I'm not entirely sure on what is the best Intel NUC to be able to handle all of my content and last for a good 2 years before upgrading.

Thanks In Advance!
Read the NUC wiki. Link in my sig.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Borrowing the thread: (I read the NUC wiki but it doesn´t answers my questions below)

I´m also looking for my first NUC and I choose between; DC53427HYE and D54250WYK

I´m also buying;
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 SO-DIMM 1600MHz 2x4GB
Kingston SSDNow mS200 120GB mSATA
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
WIN 8.1 64-bit

I want to;

Surf the web
Run Kodi
Playback of MKV´s (1080) & Complete Blurays

I can´t find anything that says HD 5000 is better than HD 4000 or vice versa.
3rd vs 4th gen of CPU, for my needs, which one to prefer?

They cost the same, but 53472 is black and that´s what I want.

Am I going to have any problems with the above?
Any lag or other issues?

Thanks for your help.
They will both do what you want, but the D54250WYK is going to be a little more powerful and it's going to have less issues with video playback (IIRC, there was some 24 refresh rate issue that was fixed with the haswell NUCs? I think?).

You get more connectors in the D54250WYK as well, with USB 3 and SATA options, as well as a built in IR port.

I'd go with the D54250WYK. You can spray paint it black :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC Help!0