Idea for stackable NUC accessories
(2014-08-28, 15:55)JasonHoffman Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 12:27)Topken Wrote: Should be possible to add a slimline Bluray drive as well I should think.
Yes indeed. I thought of two ways to handle an optical drive.

First, I thought about an exposed drive like the old Sony Discman's from the 90s. The disk would stick out of the corner of the unit. It would look cool. It would be difficult and expensive to manufacture, and would probably not last very long.

The other idea is to create an external drive that mimics the look & feel of a NUC but with a slightly smaller footprint and the recesses on top to receive the NUC’s feet. This creates a unique “layered” look that is quite attractive. A standard external DVD drive could be easily modified for this purpose. It would sacrifice a bit of the footprint, but would be easy to make.
Can you not just make a normal slot-loaded ("slot load"/"slotload") slimline Blu-ray / DVD-ROM drive fit into a stack module for NUC?

Example: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-UJ-265-S...B00A29FYD2

Current generations of NUC external dimension is about 116mm x 112 m in size, and the external size of an internal slot-loaded ("slot load") slimline Blu-ray / DVD-ROM drive is about 128mm x 129mm in size so you would have to make the stack module a little larger in the middle, but it could still probably be done with an attractive design.
(2014-08-29, 15:30)Hedda Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 15:55)JasonHoffman Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 12:27)Topken Wrote: Should be possible to add a slimline Bluray drive as well I should think.
Yes indeed. I thought of two ways to handle an optical drive.

First, I thought about an exposed drive like the old Sony Discman's from the 90s. The disk would stick out of the corner of the unit. It would look cool. It would be difficult and expensive to manufacture, and would probably not last very long.

The other idea is to create an external drive that mimics the look & feel of a NUC but with a slightly smaller footprint and the recesses on top to receive the NUC’s feet. This creates a unique “layered” look that is quite attractive. A standard external DVD drive could be easily modified for this purpose. It would sacrifice a bit of the footprint, but would be easy to make.
Can you not just make a normal slot-loaded ("slot load"/"slotload") slimline Blu-ray / DVD-ROM drive fit into a stack module for NUC?

Example: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-UJ-265-S...B00A29FYD2

Current generations of NUC external dimension is about 116mm x 112 m in size, and the external size of an internal slot-loaded ("slot load") slimline Blu-ray / DVD-ROM drive is about 128mm x 129mm in size so you would have to make the stack module a little larger in the middle, but it could still probably be done with an attractive design.

That's exactly what I was talking about. The external drive idea is just that...a slimline drive that looks like a NUC module. We're on the same page.
Guys

Wanted to keep you posted about latest progress. We successfully finished our campaign earlier in August and sold 700 units and several stack-able accessories. We are going ahead into production with 1000 units right now and have spare 300 beta units available for pre-order

- Slimmer, elegant design
- Top as well as bottom stackable
- Support 6 stackable modules
- USB OTG to transfer data directly as external hard drive
- CEC enabled for using existing TV remote
- Bluetooth enabled for keyboard, speakers etc
- OwnCloud pre-installed to store & access any kind of files
- Pre-configured PVR for off the air TV recording

please let me know your feedback
I wondre the price, and fonction of support 6 stackable modules is amazing , BTW i like the apparence

______________________________________________________________________________________
support voiture iphone 6 plus accessoires iphone 6
Glad you liked the design, we had to push our factory so hard to get this design into reality (considering we are not Apple and have only 1000 units for order)

We have tried our best to keep the price as minimum as possible

IMX6 Dual core, 1GB RAM, 4GN MMC memory, 1TB 2.5 drive for $299
IMX6 Quad core, 2GB RAM, 4GN MMC memory, 2TB 2.5 drive for $399

Each stackable 2.5" drive for $199

Our new Kodi skin looks like this

Wrong thread for you posts aeropriest please keep them in the correct thread. This one is for a stackable NUC not the arm based stackables.
Apologies Topken, saw some photos from our campaign page and some mention of our patent pending technology so I thought i could contribute to the conversation.
Regarding the slot loading drives, I undertand the stackable idea, but if space is an issue for the disc to actually fit into the form factor why not use a slot load drive along side in an upright (think Wii) orientation, somehow using either a stack base to secure onto the side or some rear mounted clip to lock into position?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea for stackable NUC accessories0