How to stop liveTV from starting XBMC start
Hi,

I have Gotham, and use NextPVR. When I start XBMC, it goes straight to live TV, the PVR starts and tv starts playing. I'd prefer that to not happen, and for the system to just start in the main menu. I use Aeon Nox skin, and have changed the options to make it start in different places, but it always goes straight to live TV. Please help!

Dan
My Gotham install doesn't do that. I'm not sure how you would have got it to do that. Either way, it wont be the NextPVR addon causing this - you must have somehow configured XBMC to autostart live tv.
I would agree that this isn't a NextPVR client issue. Somehow you have some settings somewhere that are telling XBMC to start in the LiveTV area and then you have LiveTV set to start playing the last channel automatically. I'd try two things to troubleshoot:

1- Switch to the default Confluence skin and see if it continues to occur. If it doesn't, then there is something odd with the settings on your other skin. In Gotham some skins let you reset most screens to "default," so you might want to see if Aeon Nox does that. If not, you can rename the guisettings.xml file in (it's in the XBMC userdata folder), and that will reset every skin setting back to default.

2- If it's showing up in Conflunce as well, I would rename the entire XBMC settings folder and relaunch XMBC to create a new one. That's going to mean reconfiguring everything from scratch, so that's a last resort.
It still happens when I switch to confluence skin. Anyone have any idea where else this setting might be?
There is a setting for this in xbmc's livetv settings. Are you sure that's not enabled?
Thanks Teeedubb! There is a setting that says load last channel on startup. I thought it meant on startup of livetv it would go to last viewed channel, but no it meant start the tv on xbmc startup.

Thanks for the help!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop liveTV from starting XBMC start0