Why is this theme not more popular!?
Obviously it's down to personal tastes, but I've always wondered why on earth this theme is not the most popular theme for XBMC! It was interesting to see the official skin download stats and no surprise that Aeon topped the list, but seriously!! I must have tried every theme and IMO Xperience1080 is by far the best. It looks much better than any Aeon skin, which feels dated in comparison. I've been meaning to ask this question for a while and these download stats have prompted me to do so. I'm a Graphic / UI Designer who works for a modern cloud computing company and to me, no other theme comes close.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Black for all the hard work and time he's put in.
I'm using this since it was released, and i agree this skin is really hard to top.
Most people likes fanart oriented skins that's why i think the aeon skins are the most popular.
Yes i think this and Aeon Mq are the best, but this one works good on gotham, but in the alphas it lacks stuff but stiill work, and ppl tend to go to the alphas.
Home screen on this skin is OUTSTANDING! Every other skin lack in this department.
Cons : for me personally Xperience is missing few beats (like supporting disk art, logos and other artwork - there is a mod but it's not developed anymore and to be honest it's missing Black coding / art skills Wink).
I'm using the skin since its first release and never switched to anoher skin, because the Live TV section is so damn beautiful and every other skin has it's faults…
I prefer this skin over all and people at home get angry if I test another skin :-)
Love the Xperience based skins. Fast and Beautiful. Really underrated . I always use these skins and wish the Xperience More and other mods can be updated to Gotham. Glad Xperience1080 was upgraded to Gotham but it s missng the classic view. Some of the Views in Addons like Tri Panel are also removed.
Not being able to remove weather menu or create custom menus is all its missing to be the number 1 Kodi Skin for me. If only I could code. Fingers crossed we see a revival of these skins.
From what I've seen so far, this skin is the closest to Metro/Zune styling, and with this I wouldn't have to develop my own app from the ground up. If I could give a few tweaks to a developer here and there, it'd be perfect for me.
I just wish it had the same "Episode" view that Aeon Nox and its iterations have; other than that this is almost a perfect skin.
no mouse support thats why.
(2014-10-15, 17:25)carimari Wrote: no mouse support thats why.

Well a media center doesn't need a mouse support, there are remote controls, apps and mini keyboards.
This is one of my favorite theme, but it can't be used at home.

The fact that you can't custom the main menu is a huge loss for me. The wife doesn't want my anime in the TV section, and the kids are finding it hard to navigate to find animation movies.

If I could add custom section on the main menu, I would switch back within a heartbeat.
I agree with this, it's really puzzling to me what has happened to the skins since I used XBMC last time (about 2-3 years ago). In my opinion the skins back then looked so much better, I can't find a single up-to-date skin that I think is really solid, I mean what happened?

The skinning engine has only gotten better but the skins look sooo crap without any attention to detail. It's so cluttered with crap all over the screen on almost all of them. People just want support for this and this and it just ends up looking like crap. Look at this video and compare it to ANY skin today, especially the current Aeon skins.

I REALLY don't mean to bash on the skinners, the functionality of the skins have certainly gone up and they can do things now that no one of us thought were possible a couple of years ago but the look of them has just gotten lost in the process, it's so sad.

Xperience1080 is the only skin that I could think of using myself, it's the best looking one for sure with a well thought out theme and not just crap all over the viewtypes but even it has it's shortcomings.

I'm rewriting the old Fusion skin that I modded a couple years ago right now. Soon you will all see how a skin is supposed to look like! Big Grin

Track the process here if you are interested. (Have deleted about 3000 lines of code in Home.xml only without any loss of functionality).
https://github.com/feggak/skin.refusion
Thumbs Up 
(2014-11-06, 00:22)frellAn Wrote: I'm rewriting the old Fusion skin that I modded a couple years ago right now. Soon you will all see how a skin is supposed to look like! Big Grin

Track the process here if you are interested. (Have deleted about 3000 lines of code in Home.xml only without any loss of functionality).
https://github.com/feggak/skin.refusion

Nice to hear someone is still working on that skin. One of the best ever. Will keep an eye on your progress.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is this theme not more popular!?0