Official XBMC remote for ios 4.2.1
I used to have it but stopped using ipod touch years ago and use yatse on android. Now my daughter wants to use her 2nd gen ipod touch with xbmc but I can't find the older versions so far. Any help would be appreciated.
(2014-08-31, 17:29)michaelstone Wrote: I used to have it but stopped using ipod touch years ago and use yatse on android. Now my daughter wants to use her 2nd gen ipod touch with xbmc but I can't find the older versions so far. Any help would be appreciated.

There's a fair number of older versions here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/

The XBMC iOS Wiki has good documentation on how to do the install in case you need a 'refresher'.

Hope that helps,

Cheers
Thanks, none of those appear to be the xbmc remote for ios though.
(2014-08-31, 18:30)michaelstone Wrote: Thanks, none of those appear to be the xbmc remote for ios though.

Yes, you are correct ... that link was XBMC builds for iOS ... sorry.

It sounds like you're looking for XBMC Remote Control; I'm using the "official" (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128279) one out of the AppStore but my devices (iPhone/iPad) aren't jailbroken. Not quite sure where to locate a non-AppStore version.

Cheers,
(2014-08-31, 17:29)michaelstone Wrote: I used to have it but stopped using ipod touch years ago and use yatse on android. Now my daughter wants to use her 2nd gen ipod touch with xbmc but I can't find the older versions so far. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll look in my backups and see if I have something for iOS 4.
Distribution of the remote outside of the appstore is not supported nor whould we do something to make this happen imo. This has to be asked to Joethefox who is the developer in charge (and he has to decide which ways of distribution he sees as valid). Also - any reason why you don't update the ipod? Or is it stuck at 4.2.1 for any reason?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-09-01, 11:47)Memphiz Wrote: Distribution of the remote outside of the appstore is not supported nor whould we do something to make this happen imo. This has to be asked to Joethefox who is the developer in charge (and he has to decide which ways of distribution he sees as valid). Also - any reason why you don't update the ipod? Or is it stuck at 4.2.1 for any reason?

Gen 2 iPod touch can't go past iOS 4.
sucks
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-09-02, 07:54)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 11:47)Memphiz Wrote: Distribution of the remote outside of the appstore is not supported nor whould we do something to make this happen imo. This has to be asked to Joethefox who is the developer in charge (and he has to decide which ways of distribution he sees as valid). Also - any reason why you don't update the ipod? Or is it stuck at 4.2.1 for any reason?

Gen 2 iPod touch can't go past iOS 4.

Exactly.
It's not a paid app so not sure why it would be an issue. I just need an older version.
Yes - as said bring it to the author imo...
Ok, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official XBMC remote for ios 4.2.10