Win 3D-SBS Right Image Covers Left Image if you zoom
I think our team of directx developers is on top of it.
(edit: I mean, have a little bit more patience please)
Thank you very much for your answer. I can wait a lot as long as I know that it will be taken care of. Please, inform this topic when there is progress.
@kgian - please test this build http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...allers.exe
A quick test in my office computer seems to work. I will go home and try to test it tonight in my 2 htpcs. I will report back my findings.
I tried it in my main HTPC connected to my projector. It almost works. Now for the explanation of that "almost".

If I select DXVA the left or the top image is alright but the right or bottom image is a smear of lines consisting of the rightmost or bottom pixel of the correct image.

When I select pixel shader and DXVA2 it is working fine. I get DXVA2 acceleration. I can see it in the codec info screen where it says DXVA2 and also get low CPU usage. The problem is that when the line thing occurs, I have to uncheck DXVA2, have some tries with auto detect, or pixel shader, or software, zoom in or out of the movie, stop it restart it or some other mumbo jumbo and then reenable DXVA2 to have it display correctly.

Eventually it does work though. DXVA2 acceleration resulting in low cpu usage and correct zooming in 3D movies. You just have to figure out that lines bug. I did not have it in any other version of kodi.
When the lines bug occurs, OSD and subtitles render fine.

HTPC is win 7 SP1 x64 & Radeon 7750.
Can you explain "lines bug" with a screenshot? I just misunderstood from your description.

PS. FYI if you have dxva2 enabled and dxva hw acceleration is used (displayed in CodecInfo) Kodi always uses DXVA rendering despite which method is selected in the settings.
kgian - are you using the latest available drivers for your Radeon? Also, what happens when you change the scaling algorythm in video OSD settings to something like Lanzcos3 or anything NOT auto or DXVA?
I will try all the above if I have time tonight. I am at work again. Also I will try it in my other home pc...
I ran some more tests. First of all:
there is no more the bug that shifts the middle of the screen. 3D zooming seems to work in all modes.

I tested in 2 machines with latest build of Kodi bb35a77 that da-anda posted.. Machine A is win 10 pro x64, radeon 7770 with latest stable catalyst driver, according to AMDs driver download utility. This machine is connected to a computer monitor. Everything seems to work ok in this machine.

Machine B is win 7 pro x64 sp1, radeon 7750 with latest stable catalyst driver, according to AMDs driver download utility. This is conencted to a projector. In this machine sometimes I get the "lines bug". Check the photos
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzvfPqj...sp=sharing
and
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzvfPqj...sp=sharing
In machine B, there are almost no options for scaling algorithm.
When I select render method: DXVA I get to choose from DXVA/Auto
When I select render method: Pixel shaders I get to choose from Bilinear (or bicubic, dont remember)/Auto
When I select render method: Software I get to choose from Bilinear (or bicubic, dont remember)/Auto/Nearest neighbour

In machine A I get all the scaling algorithm options like lanzcos3.

So, as I was saying in machine B I get the lines bug. It happens only to the right, or bottom half of the picture. It doesn't happen allways. It seems to be happening a lot of times with DXVA. It doesn't seem to be happening with software or pixel shaders.

It happens when I zoom the movie past 1.20-1.30 and then stop the movie. Before stopping the movie it displays correctly. The problem begins after I stop and restart.

If I zoom to 1.30+, unzoom to 0.99 and then to 0, most of the times it goes away. If it doesnt go away, I let the zoom to 0, stop and restart the movie and then it displays correctly.

It seems to be connected a little with refresh rate changes. If I select "Adjust display refresh rate:never" it seems to occur less.

Also, when it occurs and I put kodi in a window, immediately, without starting and stopping it changes dependent on the size of the window. When the window is medium size in the center of the screen, there is a small percentage in the right of the right image with lines. If I maximize the window to full screen while keeping the borders and title bar I get the full "lines bug", where the right image is all lines. If I put the window on the right half of the screen it plays ok.

In order to stop the lines bug I have to zoom to 1.30+, 0.99 and then 0. Then stop and restart the movie. This seemed to work almost all the time. If this doesn't work, let zoom to 0 and stop and restart playback.

I could allways stop the lines bug with the above procedure.

I can watch any 3d movie I want with DXVA acceleration and zooming without problems. The problems (may) begin after I stop and restart the movie, or stop and start another 3d movie.

Hope you can get something out of all the above.
Hi All,

Thank you very much it is working for me (Kodi 16 jarvis any of beta releases) on the earlier mentioned video cards..

Thank you Kodi Team! Smile

Best REgards,
TLG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D-SBS Right Image Covers Left Image if you zoom0