Win 3D-SBS Right Image Covers Left Image if you zoom
Stop your silly zooming.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Agree (with kgian and not with nickr) Tongue
It all comes down to personal preference...some people are purists and don't want any change whatsoever to the director's vision. Other people like me want to have a better overall experience according to their hardware.
A better overall experience doesn't include cutting the edges off a movie.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
People watch movies in television sets instead of projectors. People watch movies in projectors in living rooms instead of dedicated rooms. People watch movies with stereo sound instead of surround setups. People even watch movies in old CRT sets, laptops, smartphones and tablets. All these conditions differ from the director's vision but are acceptable to a lot of people. Let us watch movies the way we like them.

All the above is off topic, pardon me but I am not going to continue this argument. You like it one way and it is fine. I like it another way and you should not try to force your way to me. I know the pluses and minuses of each way.
I agree kgian, who doesn't... that is childist Tongue
This argument is pointless. This is clearly a bug. It'll probably be somewhat low priority though, as the use case doesn't affect any of the devs who work on 3D. Hopefully it will be gotten to sooner than later.
I just checked zooming in another one of my PCs. Windows 7, Kodi 15.2. Zooming in 3D works fine both in SBS and OU. In two of my other computers it does not work. What can we do to isolate the problem?
Here is a sample image.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzvfPqj...sp=sharing
A debug log posted to pastebin would likely be very helpful.
I am also curious about what could be causing this because I like to watch full blu-ray remuxes on a 2.35:1 screen and therefor need to use zoom to fill the screen.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
please give more info on the platforms that have zoom issues. It's probably limited to the OpenGL part if it's working on Windows
Here is a pastebin log of the kodi instalaltion that is working ok.
http://pastebin.com/yNPcYqcQ

I will post another later from the computer that is not working ok.

Working computer is windows 7 SP1 x64, AMD 6750M, Kodi 15.2

Non working computers are
1) windows 7 SP1 x64, AMD 7750, Kodi 15.2
2)windows 10 x64, AMD 7770, Kodi 15.2

Hope you can make sense out of it. Dont hesitate to ask for more details. I really want to see this problem solved.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

I think I found the problem and the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zooming works right only if I select Settings-->video--->acceleration-->render method--->pixel shaders
and Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2 is disabled.

Everybody else, try it and report back!
@kgian - please try this test builid and report back if the issue is gone
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...allers.exe

please note that this is a nightly build which means that if you're not already running a Jarvis alpha you should backup your userdata just in case.
I tried it. When I select dxva or dxva2 there is still the same problem. The right picture overlaps the left so the screen is not divided in half. If I select pixel shaders or software, zoom works fine.

Pixel shaders and software seem the same CPU usage wise. My lowly dual core HTPC struggles in some high bitrate scenes with PS or software, while it keeps up just fine with dxva.

It definitely is a problem with the DXVA code.
da-anda, is there going to be any progress in fixing this issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D-SBS Right Image Covers Left Image if you zoom0