Edited info for movies not showing up in library
At the suggestion of a member, I tried creating NFOs with the same title as movie file to edit the few movies in my library that scraped wrong (as remakes, non-Engilsh title, etc)..Didn't seem to do anything, I tried finding a program designed for creating NFOs but couldnt find anything Windows 8 compatible...then I saw Ember Media Manager mentioned (which I would prefer using to do so)...Tried using it to change info & art for a couple of them & it worked..So I spent considerable amount of time updating all the rest, replacing all the wrong info with the right, downloaded new artwork..but NOTHING...The same old crap comes up in the list on XBMC..To frustrated to try again at this point or spend hours searching online, can anyone give me advice as to what I might be doing wrong? Both times I was sure I reentered everyting in Ember, hit OK, hit update library...Then opened XBMC & updated the library there...Worked first time, but not the second...I thought I finally had it figured out, but so much for that Confused

And the thing is, in Ember Media Center everything is coming up tagged the way I wanted it still just not in XBMC
The Kodi Cache needs updating.

Delete the textures.db, then restart.

If that doesn't work delete eveything in the thumbnails folder, and the textures.db, and restart.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-09-01, 14:07)Samu-rai Wrote: The Kodi Cache needs updating.

Delete the textures.db, then restart.

If that doesn't work delete eveything in the thumbnails folder, and the textures.db, and restart.

Thanks, but I did a search within the entire XBMC folder in program files & I couldn't find any textures.db nor a thumbnails folder..Where should they be stored??
You should be able to find it in C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database. Keep in mind that when searching for these types of things it is often better to unhide hidden folders. The AppData folder is a hidden folder and will not show up in a basic search. (this is assuming you are using Windows)
(2014-09-05, 02:46)Orindar Wrote: You should be able to find it in C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database. Keep in mind that when searching for these types of things it is often better to unhide hidden folders. The AppData folder is a hidden folder and will not show up in a basic search. (this is assuming you are using Windows)

Thanks, I had hidden folders checked but was looking in the wrong one it turns out...I tried deleting the textures.db....nothing....then deleted everything in thumbnails folder + textures.db again, restarted...still nothing...went to Ember Media Manager & everything in there is titled the way I changed it as well as the new artwork, but still not having any effect inside XBMC itself
Deleting the textures.db and all of the thumbnails will force Kodi to look again for the artwork. If it can't find anything locally, it will get it from the scrapper.

If after undertaking the above, you still aren’t seeing your local artwork, it would suggest it isn't named or sorted correctly.

How are you naming the artwork? Are you using folders?

Edit: Actually, I think you are going to have re-import all of your movies into your library for Kodi to pick the new artwork up.

Didn't create folders, was trying to organize everything in Ember Media Center, which apparently created NFOs & artwork files in my main directory for every movie

I was just about to try & remove + re-import all the movies like you advised, but I stumbled on a way that took care of alot of my problems. By just pressing the C button on a movie, going to manage/edit title I was able to rename what i wanted right from XBMC..If had only known that earlier it would have saved alot of frustration. I also figured out the way to browse for art on my HD after pressing I on a movie & manually choose what I want...

Now the part that I still can't get down right:

When it comes to editing the info for a movie (cast, year, plot summary, etc) in Ember Media Center, it seemed I was able to highlight each corresponding movie in XBMCs menu, hit I, reload & it would mention there was local info stored & ask if I wanted to use that or ignore & grab it from the internet...The thing is in some cases doing that seemed to work, but in most all that updated was the year...stuff I added to in the cast, plot, genre changes, director fields in Ember still didn't show up in XBMC
(2014-09-07, 23:52)stevaside Wrote: Didn't create folders, was trying to organize everything in Ember Media Center, which apparently created NFOs & artwork files in my main directory for every movie

I was just about to try & remove + re-import all the movies like you advised, but I stumbled on a way that took care of alot of my problems. By just pressing the C button on a movie, going to manage/edit title I was able to rename what i wanted right from XBMC..If had only known that earlier it would have saved alot of frustration. I also figured out the way to browse for art on my HD after pressing I on a movie & manually choose what I want...

Now the part that I still can't get down right:

When it comes to editing the info for a movie (cast, year, plot summary, etc) in Ember Media Center, it seemed I was able to highlight each corresponding movie in XBMCs menu, hit I, reload & it would mention there was local info stored & ask if I wanted to use that or ignore & grab it from the internet...The thing is in some cases doing that seemed to work, but in most all that updated was the year...stuff I added to in the cast, plot, genre changes, director fields in Ember still didn't show up in XBMC

Choosing artwork that way is going to take forever if you have a large library. Kodi should be able to do it all automatically, but if doing it manually is working for you then that’s fair enough I guess.

It sound like XBMC can’t read the tags you’ve used in the nfos.

I don’t use nfo’s so am not really an expert. I’d ask over in the ember forum. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edited info for movies not showing up in library0