• 21(current)
Release Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix
Sorry but this is not a very good update. I tried and tried to get the addons back but they do not work. It says "noop"

I will go back to the old version, Tgx you know I like your work but this is to much for the average person to work out. I have no idea of how to get my addons back, I did as I say get one back but nothing happens when I click it. I cant understand what custom actions are it just brings up the keyboard.

Sorry but I like many others here will stick to the old working version for the none geeks.

May be put a you tube video up on how to set this up?

And please remember we are not all coders... maske it a bit more user friendly.
How do I stop the auto updates?
(2015-04-24, 12:33)m.a.f. Wrote: Sorry but this is not a very good update. I tried and tried to get the addons back but they do not work. It says "noop"

I will go back to the old version, Tgx you know I like your work but this is to much for the average person to work out. I have no idea of how to get my addons back, I did as I say get one back but nothing happens when I click it. I cant understand what custom actions are it just brings up the keyboard.

Sorry but I like many others here will stick to the old working version for the none geeks.

May be put a you tube video up on how to set this up?

And please remember we are not all coders... maske it a bit more user friendly.

I cannot see the difficulty. If you are accustomed to the old custom items based on favourites, this new system can work the same.
Go in the home menu editor, add a new item, choose shortcut, favourite, select your favourite item from the list. Now you can change the background and the thumbnail/icon. You can rename it, change position (move left, right), add a submenu or add a widget (recently added, recommended and random items for movies, music, tvshows etc).

Tgx
I find it very hard as do others from the comments. As I said I added an addon clicked it and nothing happend. It never even had the icon for it.

I can see you put a lot of work into this but I am an ordinary user and I cant get it.

How can I disable BGN from updating?
(2015-04-24, 12:51)m.a.f. Wrote: I find it very hard as do others from the comments. As I said I added an addon clicked it and nothing happend. It never even had the icon for it.

I can see you put a lot of work into this but I am an ordinary user and I cant get it.

Let's make a simple example with the Youtube addon (you have to install it from the add-on browser):

- Go in Settings -> Skin Settings -> Home -> Customize menu items and widgets. You are now in the Home Menu Editor.
- Click on "Add" to add a new item in the home menu. You can see a new item with Label set to None, Action set to Noop and Background and icon set to Default. This item is empty and will produce a not working item in the home menu.
- I want to make the item call the Youtube addon. Click the "Choose shortcut" button -> Select the "Add-on" item in the list -> Select the YouTube entry in the list -> Select the first entry in the list "Create shortcut to here".
- Now the custom home item has changed Label, icon with the Youtube logo, and action with "ActivateWindow(......)". You do not need nothing more.
- Exit the Home Menu editor by pressing "Esc" or "Back" on the remote.
- Exit Skin settings by pressing "Esc" or "Back" on the remote.
- You should see at the top a progress dialog telling that Kodi is building the shortcuts.
- Exit the Settings screen and you should be in the home menu and see a working Youtube icon as the last item in the menu.

That's all for a basic configuration.

We can now customize the Youtube shortcut deeper. This is optional:

- Return in the home menu editor and scroll the home menu to the youtube item we created before.
- Let's say we want the item to be the first in the home menu list. Just press the "Left" button till the item is the first of the list.
- Let's say we want to rename it to "My videos on Youtube". Just press "Set label". With the keyboard screen edit the name to "My videos on Youtube". Press "Done".
- Now we want to change the icon. Press the "Set thumbnail" button. Browse to the picture you like and click on it. You can see the icon has changed to your picture.
- Change the background. Press the "Select background" button. Select "Single Image" and browse to the picture you like and click on it. You can see the background has changed to your picture.
- Now we want to add a submenu adding a smart playlist created before the skin update. Press the "Customize Submenu" button. The list is empty. There's only an entry called "None" ready to be edited. Again click on the "Choose shortcut" button -> "Video Library" -> "Playlists" -> Select your Playlist -> Do you want do "Play" or "Display". Select "Display". You have now a working submenu item called "PlayLists". We can edit the name with the "Set label button". You can add new items as well in the same way.
- Press "esc" when done and return the the main menu editor.
- Exit the Home Menu editor by pressing "Esc" or "Back" on the remote.
- Exit Skin settings by pressing "Esc" or "Back" on the remote.
- You should see at the top a progress dialog telling that Kodi is building the shortcuts.
- Exit the Settings screen and you should be in the home menu and see a working Youtube icon as the last item in the menu.

We have our new item in the home menu called "My Videos on Youtube" with a customized icon and background and a submenu with one item. If you click on the submenu you will see your smart playlist.

I think this a good editor ready to fulfill any need.

Thanks

Tgx
(2015-04-24, 12:51)m.a.f. Wrote: How can I disable BGN from updating?

If you want to disable the autoupdate feature you have to go into Settings-> Add-ons -> Left menu: set Auto updates to "notify" or "never". This way you have to install the updates manually going into "Available Updates" folder and select the update you want to install. See the addon manager page on Kodi wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager

Tgx
(2015-04-24, 12:33)m.a.f. Wrote: Sorry but this is not a very good update...

Wow, that is harsh!

TGX offers incredible support to introduce new features and give more power and flexibility to the user to configure for their own individual requirements
That is EXACTLY what he has done with this new release and it's really quite intuitive on how to configure the home screen for however you want, but with the added guide above, it should be simple and take only a few minutes.
So yes, there is MINOR inconvenience that it won't automatically transcribe YOUR own previous personal settings, but it really is minor and easy to reconfigure;
and much better for the large majority to use this great engine going forward.
So if you can see beyond your short-sight for a moment you will soon realize how much better this release really is before dismissing it out of hand!

If I were to offer CONSTRUCTIVE advice TGX, I would say that if you can provide some user notes (such as you just did in your post above) to go along with each release to help those who need a little more hand-holding on how to use/configure the new features, that would perhaps make the transition to a new release easier for some.
And maybe some caution just before the release as to what to expect if/when it auto-updates as to what might happen.
(2015-04-24, 12:33)m.a.f. Wrote: Sorry but this is not a very good update.

Not true. I'd argue that it is the best update to Black Glass Nova to date. Sure, it has somewhat of a learning curve but will be well worth the time and effort in the end. Not sure on this but I am willing to bet that there are not many other skins that can do what BGN can as far as customization. Keep up the great work TGX and thanks for your effort on Black Glass Nova going forward.
Hi Tgx, First off i would like to say I"m big fan of your work and use your theme on all my devices. I'm have in a few issues with this last update tho. I did loose all my backgrounds and thumbnail art. Background art was easily fixed but the thumbnail art doesn't look in the same place it wants to look in my source file where fusion super etc is.This is on an amzon fire tv. Before it just went to the sd card downloads section and was easy now alittle harder any help would be great. Second thing I'm unable to set tv,movies or season view.Thanks for your time!!!!!
(2015-04-26, 06:26)jadvena Wrote: Hi Tgx, First off i would like to say I"m big fan of your work and use your theme on all my devices. I'm have in a few issues with this last update tho. I did loose all my backgrounds and thumbnail art. Background art was easily fixed but the thumbnail art doesn't look in the same place it wants to look in my source file where fusion super etc is.This is on an amzon fire tv. Before it just went to the sd card downloads section and was easy now alittle harder any help would be great. Second thing I'm unable to set tv,movies or season view.Thanks for your time!!!!!

Yes the update brings a new more powerful home menu system based on new settings.

I think you are experiencing the same issue some users are having when using fire tv.

This is the solution:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1987665

and here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1987563

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tgx
(2015-04-26, 06:26)jadvena Wrote: Second thing I'm unable to set tv,movies or season view.Thanks for your time!!!!!

I need you to be more specific about this.

Thanks

Tgx
(2015-04-25, 22:09)DEcosse Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 12:33)m.a.f. Wrote: Sorry but this is not a very good update...
If I were to offer CONSTRUCTIVE advice TGX, I would say that if you can provide some user notes (such as you just did in your post above) to go along with each release to help those who need a little more hand-holding on how to use/configure the new features, that would perhaps make the transition to a new release easier for some.
And maybe some caution just before the release as to what to expect if/when it auto-updates as to what might happen.

Hi DEcosse, thanks for your kind words!
I agree with you. The new update discards all the old home menu settings and gathers the same functionalities that before were scattered in skin settings into a single editor. It may seem a little overwhelming at first, expecially for people not accustomed to all those technical options. I think i'm soon going to write down a detailed description of the new home menu editor in the Kodi wiki. This way it should be easier for users and myself as well.

I've been expecting all of these problems and i'm here to help. There's no way i know to convert the old settings to the new ones.
The next updates will be a lot easier on the user side since the skin is now mature and powerful enough to satisfy every need and there are no big features left anymore to be added. The new home menu was "THE MISSING FEATURE" i've been working on for months and i knew it would have pleased a lot of people and angered someone else!

Thanks

Tgx
I can't get the artist slide show working.

I have set the artist slide show enabled. In Neon or Rapier it is working. Do I miss a flag?
(2015-04-27, 13:56)wackid Wrote: I can't get the artist slide show working.

I have set the artist slide show enabled. In Neon or Rapier it is working. Do I miss a flag?

It's a bit tricky.

You have to go in Settings ->Skin Settings->Art Management-> enable "Artist slideshow".

Then when you are in Music Playing screen, just press "ok" or "return" on your control device and the Music OSD will appear as in the screenshot.
The last 4 icons on the top of the screen control visualizations.
The first icon controls the "Artist Slideshow" plugin.
The second enables visualizations
The 3rd pops up visualization settings
The last one is for visualization presets.

Tgx

Second thing I'm unable to set tv,movies or season view.Thanks for your time!!!!!

I need you to be more specific about this.

Thanks

Ok sorry I"ll try. Im using Amazon Fire TV- genesis addon as usual, when i select a movie or tv show and hit the info button i get a menu in that menu it says set movie view when i select it doesn't do anything, before it would say fanart is on by default.i like using the fanart as the movie, tv show or seasons view. Now it wont save it like it did before ( last update) I tried a few of the other themes and it works on all of them. Thanks for your time, TGX
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix3