• 35(current)
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player
(2015-02-18, 17:23)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: You know I was wondering the other day how this box was doing. I mean.. Some guys that got banned from their site were pretty pissed at us for having concerns..

They ban user to avoid negative advertising but they forget that user = customer
What's the bottom line on the Cloud ?

Rather get a cheap Beelink based on the same chip ? Worth the extra bucks ?
I see a lot of negative criticism on their forum and they have never been banned
Go check yourself Rolleyes
The player is moving forward and gets better with each firmware but its been a slow process its still in a beta/alpha stage in terms of reliability

Only people that got banned where the ones that repeatedly posted in the wrong spot. If you have a thread about a firmware and what is/not fixed its not a thread to complain in keep it clean but people never follow directions.
I got banned for example and many others

No hd audio after many months (was claimed support for it) and a product always in beta status like all CM product is a good thing ?

LOL

Remember you paid for a beta product that doesnt't works correctly after 5 months.
The HD audio has never been reported in technical feature of the Open Hour when you buy it. Undecided
It was just said they are working on it but and there are still some problems so you have to wait.
I do not think that being unpleasant with moderators it will go faster
Open Hour have good review on Amazon so I think customers are still happy even if they have to wait to have a perfect box Wink
No I'm talking about the guys that came here from their forum and getting mad at us giving this box low expectations. The ones that didn't want to hear anything negative about Cloud Media and their past or Popcorn Hour past..

I will say I would rather pay the 149$ for the open hour box then the $300+ on the zappiti box.

But I am still not a fan of any of the android boxes. They all have most of the same problems and just are not reliable to let loose on the family. I think I might soon go the route of the chromebox for all my players
(2015-02-20, 19:03)halfelite Wrote: I will say I would rather pay the 149$ for the open hour box then the $300+ on the zappiti box.

And why ? Yes it have a slower cpu/gpu but how can you compare the products

slot for hd
usb 3.0
wifi integrated
hdmi in
real gigabit lan
audio hd (working ? )

but i agree for kodi better a htpc box like chromebox, nuc etc
(2015-02-20, 23:55)Roby77 Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 19:03)halfelite Wrote: I will say I would rather pay the 149$ for the open hour box then the $300+ on the zappiti box.

And why ? Yes it have a slower cpu/gpu but how can you compare the products

slot for hd
usb 3.0
wifi integrated
hdmi in
real gigabit lan
audio hd (working ? )

but i agree for kodi better a htpc box like chromebox, nuc etc

300$ or the M-195 with the same capabilities for 100$ . The 140$ on OH is hard to swallow there is no way 300$ for an android player full of bugs is even close to acceptable.
So any news about lollipop firmware ?

After one year ca does audio hd feature has been implemented ? Framerate sync ? 24p ?

I see that beelink and nagrace got lollipop firmware

It's possible to install wasser firmware on open hour ?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player7