• 30(current)
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player
Just for curiosity, i see that many people on open hour forum use smb instead of nfs, isn't nfs supported by android ?

I asked cause with qnap i have better performance with nfs instead of smb
(2014-11-23, 20:57)Roby77 Wrote: Just for curiosity, i see that many people on open hour forum use smb instead of nfs, isn't nfs supported by android ?

Most apps support samba over NFS out of the box like mx player, As almost every device supports smb only nix based NAS does NFS. After android 4.3 I think the android kernel has support for cifs, nfs, and nfs4. So things lik xbmc,es file, and a bunch of other things do support NFS
For whatever reason, I can't use NFS for Android (Fire TV, Probox2 EX, etc.). They see my NFS main share directories, but I can't drill below to folders that have my movies or TV shows. No problem with Mede8er or Chromebox.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-11-23, 23:07)halfelite Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 20:57)Roby77 Wrote: Just for curiosity, i see that many people on open hour forum use smb instead of nfs, isn't nfs supported by android ?

Most apps support samba over NFS out of the box like mx player, As almost every device supports smb only nix based NAS does NFS. After android 4.3 I think the android kernel has support for cifs, nfs, and nfs4. So things lik xbmc,es file, and a bunch of other things do support NFS

Thank you
(2014-11-24, 02:15)hdmkv Wrote: For whatever reason, I can't use NFS for Android (Fire TV, Probox2 EX, etc.). They see my NFS main share directories, but I can't drill below to folders that have my movies or TV shows. No problem with Mede8er or Chromebox.

are you running the insecure flag? You most likely need (ro,all_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check) for your export line
(2014-11-23, 02:35)halfelite Wrote: I was going to do a review but when I first sat down with the player more stuff did not work then did work.

After the newest beta. The internal player is starting to work real well with bitstream working, samba support and 3d playback now. There was also a hacked lib file released to allow bitstream to work out of spmc and I think it might work in kodi as well not tested in kodi yet. So progress is being made if only they would have waited 30 days before releases it would have been a better release. But im glad to see some progress and still hold out hope. At its current state its still not worth the money yet.

3d iso from within xbmc?
Hd-audio works?
3D ISO is only possible with an external player.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I do know that......
lol

When i say "from within xbmc" i mean , launching from xbmc
3d iso works from xbmc if you set it to use an external player. And will most likely continue to be this way. I dont know if there is any work being made on 3d out of the kodi player itself.

Hd-audio is still a no. But dts/dd are bitstreaming out of xbmc internal or external player used.
kodi is waiting on ffmpeg.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-24, 23:10)nickr Wrote: kodi is waiting on ffmpeg.

That will never happen.
It's already too long that 3d is on the market.
They would have release it already if they found someone to program it.

Don't bet your hopes on it , that ffmpeg will ever do 3d iso mvc.
So if they dont -> xbmc won't either.
Never say never...
If you look at it on a realistic side, you know its true
Unless you know something more :p
I tend to agree. MVC support has been put out as the summer project a few times and no one has picked it up. Its a pretty niche market but the people in the market are die hard fans
I even tried to get my son who has just finished BSc in Comsci & Maths interested, but I don't see his name on that GSOC page ;-(

Quite a bit of the work is done in a thesis, but never implemented to the ffmpeg dev's satisfaction. This thread just kinda finishes...

http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg...54015.html
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player7