Linux x86 error loading DLL
I am trying to run the Linux x86 version of the client on a Boxee Box with XBMC installed. I get the following error when trying to enable the plugin.

Code:
17:35:43 T:2996816784   DEBUG: RegisterClient - registering add-on 'Windows Media Center Client - linux i486 Edition'
17:35:43 T:2996816784   DEBUG: PVR - Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'Windows Media Center Client - linux i486 Edition'
17:35:43 T:2996816784   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - Windows Media Center Client - linux i486 Edition
17:35:43 T:2996816784   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/tmp/mnt/03A6-130E/portable_data/addons/pvr.wmc/XBMC_WMC.pvr)
17:35:43 T:2996816784   DEBUG: Loading: /tmp/mnt/03A6-130E/portable_data/addons/pvr.wmc/XBMC_WMC.pvr
17:35:43 T:2996816784   ERROR: Unable to load /tmp/mnt/03A6-130E/portable_data/addons/pvr.wmc/XBMC_WMC.pvr, reason: /tmp/mnt/03A6-130E/portable_data/addons/pvr.wmc/XBMC_WMC.pvr: ELF file OS ABI invalid
17:35:43 T:2996816784    INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:Windows Media Center Client - linux i486 Edition, clientID:pvr.wmc-linux-i486 (same Thread=no)
17:35:43 T:2996816784 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on Windows Media Center Client - linux i486 Edition, status = 6
17:35:43 T:2996816784 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on Windows Media Center Client - linux i486 Edition, disabling it
17:35:43 T:3003562896  NOTICE: Thread AddonStatus pvr.wmc-linux-i486 start, auto delete: true

I imagine this is because the Boxee Box isn't a standard Intel x86 architecture? From the Wiki: "Boxee Box by D-Link is a Linux based media player powered by Intel Atom CE4100 SoC (System-on-a-Chip), codename: Sodaville, with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 500 (based on the PowerVR SGX535 OpenGL ES 2.0 GPU from Imagination Technologies), that is from what is referred to as "Intel CE" or " Intel CEx" series of x86 media processors designed for consumer electronics, which all feature advanced integrated "Intel Precision View Technology" display processors."

What's odd though is that I was able to load it the first time I tried but due to some instability issues gave NextPVR and its client a try instead. But when I tried going back to ServerWMC I've since gotten the error to load the DLL. Oddly still, is that I did a complete re-install of XBMC on the Boxee Box and now I'm getting those DLL loading errors on even the first try.
Hmmm.

What version of XBMC are you using and what version of pvr.wmc?

If you are using a pvr.wmc addon version from our download page, it could be a good idea to rule out any build problems on our side, by instead using a pvr.wmc that came with an official XBMC build for your platform. Eg Gotham 13.2 Beta 2 includes the latest pvr.wmc addon so if you were to get that XBMC version it would be interesting to see how the included pvr.wmc (built by the XBMC jenkins build server) fares on your platform. If this works then it could be that we have some issues with the version provided on our download page that you were using
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I'm using a pre-built version of XBMC made specifically for the Boxee Box. xbmc13.1_final.boxeebox.1.0.0.alpha8_150cf3e by devilstrike as seen here. Unfortunately his build seems to omit the ServerWMC client, so I tried manually installing pvr.wmc-linux-x86-0.2.99.zip which leads to the error I mentioned.

I posted a message to the Boxee Box forums to see if he could include the ServerWMC client with his build, but I'm curious if you see any reason for the error. Thanks.
the error seems to be saying that the binary is not built for your platform. I dont know enough about boxee etc or this atom processor to say if it is a "standard" linux x86 platform or not.

What I am saying is that it is at least POSSIBLE that the zip file on our download page was not built correctly - not many of us have x86 linux platforms so you could be the first/only person to try to use it?! perhaps...

If it IS different/special, and a specific build tool chain is required to produce a XBMC that runs on this hardware, then the presumably the xbmc-pvr-addons also need to also be built with that toolchain. It's odd because Gotham 13.1 did include a (older) version of pvr.wmc by default so like you say they must have specifically stripped it out?

You could try "lifting" the /addons/pvr.wmc directory from an official XBMC build for linux x86 platform, and copying that inplace on your system, to see if that loads

also - that page you linked has a 13.2 build but you seem to not be running that. could you try that? some of the changelogs in his builds posted, also mention PVR stuff, so are you sure that pvr stuff isnt in his builds?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I'm sorry. I mistakenly copy and pasted the wrong build version. I am actually using the 13.2 version and seeing this error. I'll try your suggestion of lifting a pvr.wmc directory from an official linux x86 and see if that fairs any better. And I'll also find out if it does requires some special toolchain and if so if it's possible for him or I to try building a version of pvr.wmc with it.
Don't use Linux x86 version. Use the default version that comes with xbmc. I got it working on my Boxee Box.
(2014-09-16, 16:21)Nurse Ratched Wrote: Don't use Linux x86 version. Use the default version that comes with xbmc. I got it working on my Boxee Box.

which build are you using? The one I tried previously didn't seem to include the ServerWMC client.
13.2 “Gotham” xbmc, and Xbmc 13.2 Final Boxee Box.
Thanks. Somehow I overlooked the version that was included. It loads at least, but that's about the most I can say about it. Changing channels leads to all sorts of problems. I need to stop the current stream before starting a new channel. Server log doesn't show any issues, so I imagine this is an issue of the client on the Boxee Box not properly moving moving over to the new .ts when changing channels. Again, stopping the current one and picking a new channel works though
Ah, it is the first time I tried pvr on xbmc so I am not sure how good or bad it is. Channel changing works ok for me, but it does take a lot of time. 10-15 seconds. Recording works great. I do sometimes see buffering when watching tv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux x86 error loading DLL0