Req Playing Multiple Files At Once
Is there any way I can watch multiple files at any given time? Lets say four files max. It'll display one file in each of the four corners of the screen. If there's a current addon that can do this, please let me know!
ThanksBig Grin
This is not possible right now as we only support controlling one player at any time.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I remember some time ago it was said that someone (maybe elupus) was working on unifying the dvdplayer core to allow multiple players. Like for picture in picture TV, music and video at the same time, music and (future) retroplayer at the same time and so on. I wonder how far that progress is?
Not very far as elupus is MIA. Also, for this to work you will need a very big pony box for sw decode or hw codecs that support multiple instances at the same time.
Thank you for the info.
The fact with the processing power is always mentioned along with this topic but I think every decent box nowadays can afford to decode music or a small ( 10% of the screen) picture-in-picture video in software...
size of the area the video is shown is is not the issue, it's the size of the actual video being decoded.
Yea, you are right. Never thought about it that the size of the video is defined after it's been decoded. bummer.
still enough for music though Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Multiple Files At Once2