Req Selectable maximum interface frame rate
Hi. Whenever I pause a movie (whether it's a 24fps, 30fps movie, etc ...) the frame rate goes up to 60fps and stays there. This happens with all versions of kodi/xbmc so far (gotham, helix) in OSX, Android, Linux. This results in higher CPU usage, temperature and power consumption than when actually watching the movie.
My request: selectable frame rate for the interface. I don't know how hard this would be to implement but it would be very helpful, specially in 1080p and 4k resolutions where the CPU usage can be very high in slower CPUs.
Thats already possible(at least in linux). Just select resolution and _refresh rate_ in xbmc settings.
Furthermore, you can set "adjust display to match video refresh rate" to "on start/stop"
I'm using the last kodi nightly in Ubuntu and I cannot find the refresh rate setting (with expert settings on). Also, I'm not requesting a refresh rate menu but a FPS menu. This is because not all displays will accept a refresh rate setting of 24/30/50/60hz - most will actually only accept 60hz.
this setting is only available in standalone mode, not if you run on top of a window manager.
And yes, there is not max fps setting as this is determinded by display refresh rate(if v-sync is enabled).
So is there any hack to make XBMC think the refresh rate is different than reality? Like advancedsettings.xml, or changing some code line to simulate a different refresh rate?
I dont think there is, and would likely cause more trouble than its worth, there is refreshrate override advancedsettings.xml#video (wiki) but I doubt its anything to do with your issue). Run kodi as intended and if you run v14 you will have even better results.

If you break it (using refersh rate override), you get to keep the pieces its not meant to be used in window mode or non standalone.
Thank you guys. Although the frame limiter would be great, using standalone mode is not bad... In Ubuntu 14.04 when at the login windows it is possible to clock on the Ubuntu logo and select xbmc instead of the usual unity. And this gives me access to the refresh rate menu. So next thing I'll try is to setup my android tv box to 1080p at 24hz (since I use it for movies only and everything I have is 24fps). So that will probably solve my problem. Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Selectable maximum interface frame rate0