• 21(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
Hi Ivanz

The only successful way i can get the Windows Audio controls to act as Kodi Audio Controls is to compile a AHK (Auto Hot Key) Script.

1st step install AHK onto your system if you have not already. a copy of AHK is included in the MX3 fix on the first page.

2nd Step open Notepad and put the following code in it;

VKAD::VK77 ; Windows Mute to Kodi Mute
VKAE::VK78 ; Windows Volume Down to Kodi Volume Down
VKAF::VK79 ; Windows Volume Up to Kodi Volume UP

3rd step. Save the above file with the Extension ".ahk" example "Windows Audio to Kodi.ahk" without quotation marks.
4th step. Right click on the AHK Script you just created and select "Compile Script" This converts the script to an executible file that you can run in Launcher4kodi.
5th step. Add the AHK Executible file to Launcher4Kodi External App Tab and select the Tick Box to Start with Launcher4Kodi.

Restart Machine and Windows Audio Controls will now be Kodi Audio Controls on your MX3 remote.
(2016-09-30, 23:01)dasco Wrote: Hi Ivanz

The only successful way i can get the Windows Audio controls to act as Kodi Audio Controls is to compile a AHK (Auto Hot Key) Script.

1st step install AHK onto your system if you have not already. a copy of AHK is included in the MX3 fix on the first page.

2nd Step open Notepad and put the following code in it;

3rd step. Save the above file with the Extension ".ahk" example "Windows Audio to Kodi.ahk" without quotation marks.
4th step. Right click on the AHK Script you just created and select "Compile Script" This converts the script to an executible file that you can run in Launcher4kodi.
5th step. Add the AHK Executible file to Launcher4Kodi External App Tab and select the Tick Box to Start with Launcher4Kodi.

Restart Machine and Windows Audio Controls will now be Kodi Audio Controls on your MX3 remote.

Ivanz

An improvement to the above script would be to add the additional line, so audio changes only take effect in Kodi and revert to normal if going into Window.

#ifwinActive,Kodi ;following items active in Kodi Only
wow!!

thank you so much dasco! you made this old mx3 air-mouse/keyboard 99% usable to kodi..
close to perfection if not of those useless magnifying glass +/-

here's what i did on mine (only using global and fullscreenvideo) also include the script you gave:

house to home
three lines to show info (since long pressing OK button also shows context menu)
magnifying glass to stop
<< to rewind
>> to fastforward
>|| to play/pause
|<< to previous track
>>| to next track
launch media to launch favourites
[!] to enable/disable subtitles
four square to launch file manager
pg+ to volume amplify up (works only in fullscreenvideo)
pg- to volume amplify down (works only in fullscreenvideo)
I apologize for my silly question. I just got this remote and I was wondering if it would possible to do a hard reset of the remote functions? I have assigned the power button to turn on/off my TV and I would like to revert it back to its previous function which is to turn on/off the box itself.

Thanks in advance.
(2016-08-13, 22:32)kusanagi Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 17:55)GursIngil Wrote: Thanks for all the work everyone!!!

I had a question, does anyone know how to do a Factory Reset on the remote?

When I first got it, the power button would shut off my android box - which is great so any streaming video doesn't keep playing.
Not knowing I set an IR code to power off my TV and now it only shuts off my TV.

I would rather use one of the 4 bottom buttons to shut off the TV and restore the power button to what it was out of the box. I've looked everywhere and tried any combination of keys that might work... I even opened up the remove in hopes of a battery that was holding the configuration in memory, and left it overnight without any batteries hoping it would reset....

That quoted post is almost a year old, but until now I had failed to find an answer on how to factory reset this remote control. I finally found the right combination. Blush
Just press "TV + DEL" at the same time and keep them pressed until the light turns off. After doing this, all IR codes are removed, so the power button works again in RF mode.

I hope this helps someone. Cheers!

Hi mychance

Read Kusanagi post, probably what your after
(2016-10-01, 14:53)ivanz Wrote: wow!!

thank you so much dasco! you made this old mx3 air-mouse/keyboard 99% usable to kodi..

here's what i did on mine (only using global and fullscreenvideo) also include the script you gave:

house to home
three lines to show info (since long pressing OK button also shows context menu)
magnifying glass to stop
<< to rewind
>> to fastforward
>|| to play/pause
|<< to previous track
>>| to next track

Using AHK in conjuction with the remote can give it so many more functions. Below is a few more i use to use with the MX3. Especially if you launch into Netflix or Chrome from Kodi.

vk14:Confusedhift ;Turns Caps Lock Into Shift

#ifwinActive ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1 ;following items active in Chrome only
vkb1::!left ;Turns Air Mouse [|<<] button into Browser Back
vkb0::!Right ;Turns Air Mouse [|>>] button into Browser Forward
vk71::f3 ;Turns Air mouse "Four Squares Button" into Search Button for Chrome
vk72::^w ;Turns Air Mouse Modified Stop Key "Magnify Glass" into Close Chrome

#IfWinActive, Netflix ;Following Items active in Netflix only
RButton::Backspace ;Allows pressing right mouse button "Return Arrow" on remote to go back in Netflix

vkad::vk77 ; Windows Mute to Kodi Mute
vkae::vk78 ; Windows Volume Down to Kodi Volume Down
vkaf::vk79 ; Windows Volume Up to Kodi Volume UP
(2016-10-01, 23:00)dasco Wrote:
(2016-08-13, 22:32)kusanagi Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 17:55)GursIngil Wrote: Thanks for all the work everyone!!!

I had a question, does anyone know how to do a Factory Reset on the remote?

When I first got it, the power button would shut off my android box - which is great so any streaming video doesn't keep playing.
Not knowing I set an IR code to power off my TV and now it only shuts off my TV.

I would rather use one of the 4 bottom buttons to shut off the TV and restore the power button to what it was out of the box. I've looked everywhere and tried any combination of keys that might work... I even opened up the remove in hopes of a battery that was holding the configuration in memory, and left it overnight without any batteries hoping it would reset....

That quoted post is almost a year old, but until now I had failed to find an answer on how to factory reset this remote control. I finally found the right combination. Blush
Just press "TV + DEL" at the same time and keep them pressed until the light turns off. After doing this, all IR codes are removed, so the power button works again in RF mode.

I hope this helps someone. Cheers!

Hi mychance

Read Kusanagi post, probably what your after

THANKS !!!
(2016-10-01, 23:21)dasco Wrote:

house to home
magnifying glass to stop
<< to rewind
>> to fastforward
>|| to play/pause
|<< to previous track
>>| to next track

Using AHK in conjuction with the remote can give it so many more functions. Below is a few more i use to use with the MX3. Especially if you launch into Netflix or Chrome from Kodi.

#ifwinActive ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1 ;following items active in Chrome only

RButton::Backspace ;Allows pressing right mouse button "Return Arrow" on remote to go back in Netflix

again, thank you very much dasco! you gave me ideas on how to remap the mx3 to windows (or chrome launcher)
i made mx3 home button to exit chrome launcher and go back to kodi and return button to escape function..
magnify glass to browser home, and 4lines to enter (for searching in google)
(2016-10-03, 07:17)ivanz Wrote:
(2016-10-01, 23:21)dasco Wrote:

house to home
magnifying glass to stop
<< to rewind
>> to fastforward
>|| to play/pause
|<< to previous track
>>| to next track

again, thank you very much dasco! you gave me ideas on how to remap the mx3 to windows (or chrome launcher)
i made mx3 home button to exit chrome launcher and go back to kodi and return button to escape function..
magnify glass to browser home, and 4lines to enter (for searching in google)

No Problems, I like your button suggestions better, i will change on my T3, I am sure this will upset the wife again Big Grin
Yesterday my mx3 was broken. My mouse always moving on the screen. I have made reset and changed the battery but nothing changed.
Any idea?
(2016-10-04, 15:56)tsilver300 Wrote: Yesterday my mx3 was broken. My mouse always moving on the screen. I have made reset and changed the battery but nothing changed.
Any idea?

How old is it, return it as faulty for refund or replacement?
Half year old. The post fee to Chine will be higher than I boughtSad((
(2016-10-04, 18:14)tsilver300 Wrote: Half year old. The post fee to Chine will be higher than I boughtSad((

I had one of these MX3s off Amazon and had trouble with the mouse which kept switching on when the remote was woken after going to sleep. I sent it back to Amazon for a refund due to being unusable, I think within a month of receiving it as I spent some time finding out what was wrong and trying to get round the issue unsuccesfully.

Bought one of these instead, you have to be careful so many look similar, but you can see additional buttons on this one and the mouse stays off when you switch it off:-

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842
Hello,
i have problem with MX3. On Windows was possible with help of editing xml files disamble the mouse functionality in Kodi and kodi was possible control like with normal remote without mouse.
But on Android (M8SII tv box, Android 6) seems the cursor stay always visible without possibility to hide it. I tried modify "click.png" with transparete icon "1x1.png" without succes....

Do you know some automate tool, where can be possible program functionality like:
1)Run Kodi
2)Hide/Freeze mouse cursor
3)After Kodi ended, show mouse cursor.

Thanky you and sorry for my bad english...
(2016-10-06, 10:55)jtietz Wrote: Hello,
i have problem with MX3. On Windows was possible with help of editing xml files disamble the mouse functionality in Kodi and kodi was possible control like with normal remote without mouse.
But on Android (M8SII tv box, Android 6) seems the cursor stay always visible without possibility to hide it. I tried modify "click.png" with transparete icon "1x1.png" without succes....

Do you know some automate tool, where can be possible program functionality like:
1)Run Kodi
2)Hide/Freeze mouse cursor
3)After Kodi ended, show mouse cursor.

Thanky you and sorry for my bad english...

have you tried "settings>system settings>input> disable mouse and touch screen support"?

it's workng fine on my android phone.. (lollipot 5.1.1 kodi krypton v17.b2)
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7