• 6(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
(2015-03-30, 13:55)Soli Wrote: There has been a commit to deal with mousebutton(s) not working while moving the mouse around. But you need to run Isengard nightly or the alpha build.
See http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15670

THANK YOU SO MUCH! All I had to do was upgrade to Isengard and add the two new functions. Mele F10 working perfectly! Smile
(2015-04-04, 22:42)Soli Wrote: 2 things
1. You use the block cursor key to block the "air mouse" function.
2. When right/left clicking while dragging the mouse, Kodi does not register the keypresses properly. That's why you use the block cursor key in the first place.

In Helix, you can hide the mouse cursor, but #2 is still a problem.
This commit fixes that. That means you can hide the cursor, and you can right/left click properly while moving the cursor (even if it invincible). When launching, say Chrome, from Kodi it still behaves like a normal Iar mouse. Best of both worlds, and you can just ignore the cursor lock key.

Soli, I never checked the problem you described until now. And maybe you could help me out here. What does your mouse (in 14.2) do when you right click while the cursor is moving (I assume with right click, you mean cursor right?), say when in TV Guide your cursor is on a certain program?
In my case (when the airmouse is on) when I click cursor right, the cursor moves to the right while moving the airmouse but when the airmouse cursor (arrow) moved a certain distance, let's say to another tv program entry, that new entry is highlighted (selected) which could be a certain distance back. Which I think is (what's also say in trac) is normal behaviour. If I don't move the airmouse, I can use cursor left, right, etc normal.

And what does the fix do exactly? Does is disable the airmouse completely in Kodi? I like the airmouse in Kodi....
The wiki now says "RF remotes often have an integrated Air Mouse. Most KODI users will only wish to use the left and right button of the Air-mouse. To disable the mouse-cursor..."
What is meant with "to disable the mouse-cursor"? Can I use the airmouse, but just without the cursor (the "arrow") in 15.0?

Wim
Clicking the mousebuttons while dragging is a seperate event, which were not defined in Kodi until recently. I guess the nature of the airmouse exposes the problem more often than a normal mouse.

I'm not quite what you mean (cursor this, cursor that) mean but the fix should be very clear. It will make airmouse remotes that have the mouse-left-click button as the central enter key work properly, whether you want to hide the cursor or not is up to you. Mousedrag is not used in Kodi, so it's better to better to define mousedrag-clicks as normal clicks. In that way, it's also a fix for those like Calinutz to happen to like a visible mouse cursor.
I may sound like an idiot for not understanding (but I'm not ;-) ) but Widardd in post #76 has a mele f10 (I considered that one before I chose mine). On that remote, the center round button is the enter key. Are there any remotes that have a different (mouse-right-click) button for enter? And mouse-right-click is that the right side of the center round button (that's what I call the cursor right)?

And I (think I know) what mousedrag is (pushing the ok, hold and move the airmouse), but what is a mousedrag-click?

Maybe it's best for me to just test 15.0. Are the pvr-functions and plugins still all working?

Thanks.

Wim
Sorry i meant leftclick as enter key. (although its the same for rightclick). The mele f10 uses the mouse leftclick button as the central enter key, so this is a good fix for that particular remote.

Mousedrag click is clicking the mousebuttons while you are moving the mouse cursor. This is actually a seperate event, which was just addressed recently in Kodi 15. Before that, mousedrag-clicking registered as no event in Kodi, and subsequently did nothing. The microstutters of an airmouse just made it a real issue.
My airmouse has the central round key as ok/enter, fortunately (seems logical this way). I'll try 15.0.

Thanks.

Wim
If the central round key is a [keyboard enter key] (as opposed to mouse left click) , i don't think there will be a big problem as the keyboard enter key is a seperate event from the mouse keys/ mouse drag. (Dont think Kodi 15 will solve anything, except if you do happen to use mouse right/leftclick while waiving the remote around)

Of, course having the central round key as [mouse left click] is actually more logical when using the airmouse remote as an "air mouse", whereas in "remote" mode it makes more sense to have the central round button as a [keyboard enter].

I think it is best to have the central round key as a [mouse left click] since it's easy to remap this to [enter] in Kodi. And when using the airmouse function while using Chrome, it will be more intuitive to use the central round button as [mouse left click].
Wim, Calinutz, can either of you give some tips on how to find one of these that doesn't exhibit the 'cursor-block-forget' issue?
That one is a deal breaker, and I'm not quite certain if it's safe to just order one that has microphone key and expect that feature to work as one would want.

Or anyone else with info about that can please chime in?
thanks guys

EDIT: And upgrading to Isengard isn't really an option for me for now
(2015-04-21, 19:12)bluenote Wrote: Wim, Calinutz, can either of you give some tips on how to find one of these that doesn't exhibit the 'cursor-block-forget' issue?
That one is a deal breaker, and I'm not quite certain if it's safe to just order one that has microphone key and expect that feature to work as one would want.

Or anyone else with info about that can please chime in?
thanks guys

EDIT: And upgrading to Isengard isn't really an option for me for now

Hi bluenote,

I live in the Netherlands and found a webshop over here that sells it.
The disadvantage was that it's not as cheap as on ebay but it seemed more reliable and if it wasn't working like it's supposed to, shipping back to the vendor was not that expensive (because it's in my own country).

Here's the link:
http://www.androidminicomputer.nl/shop/m...-flymouse/

I really like the remote (the keypad, working mic, airmouse, programmable ir-keys).

Good luck.

Wim
I just bought the damn thing for my android box. I have a problem with the sleeping mode, after a minute or two (or sometimes longer) remote goes to sleep, but never wakes up!?! No matter what I do it does not respond. Please help, I am going crazy...
@Silent_Thorin:

Are you shure that's the issue there ? IE it doesn't wake up ? The remote has an LED on the upper side, to the right from the power button. Does that LED start blinking when the remote should wake up ?

I mean: it goes to sleep, than you pick it up and push a button on it. Now the LED should start blibking. Does it start blinking or not ?

@bluenote:
there's no way of being certain you get the right version. Just ask the seller to confirm it works as it is supposed to, and make shure you buy it in from a place that offers money back warranty. Like ebay for instance.
@calinutz

Remote is blinking when I pick it up.
Hi All,

I would like to purchase this remote and I'm a bit confused about the differences and the generations of this remote (as mentioned).
Which one is the latest? Which one is 'better'?
All the remotes I found on ebay look the same (with 'e' button), some have microphone but I really can't rely on the image. All the specs are the same on all:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40...te&_sop=15

Any help here please?
(2015-04-27, 10:35)calinutz Wrote: @Silent_Thorin:

Are you shure that's the issue there ? IE it doesn't wake up ? The remote has an LED on the upper side, to the right from the power button. Does that LED start blinking when the remote should wake up ?

I mean: it goes to sleep, than you pick it up and push a button on it. Now the LED should start blibking. Does it start blinking or not ?

@bluenote:
there's no way of being certain you get the right version. Just ask the seller to confirm it works as it is supposed to, and make shure you buy it in from a place that offers money back warranty. Like ebay for instance.

Nothing? Plz guys, help this poor helpless man Smile
@Silent_Thorin:

You did pair the remote and the USB receiver. Right ?

If you did,
It might be an issue with the USB receiver, or maybe something in the OS.
When it doesn't work anymore, try pulling the USB receiver out and than puting it back in. Does it work again for a while ?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7