Adapt a patch. Who's up for a challenge?
(2014-10-30, 03:09)kpublic Wrote: lrusak,

The patch is missing. Any chance you still have it?

Thanks.

(2014-09-26, 03:09)lrusak Wrote: I made a patch here, http://paste.fedoraproject.org/136625/41169317/raw/

It compiles but I'm not sure if it works because I had to comment out one line because of a change to the rc-core in 3.16.

If you haven't already just make a fresh compile of the OpenELEC github repo. Then, do the following steps after it has successfully built OpenELEC once.

Code:
wget http://paste.fedoraproject.org/136625/41169317/raw/ -O packages/linux/patches/3.16.3/linux-063-ati_remote_plus.patch

then
Code:
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 ./scripts/clean linux
then,
Code:
PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make release
Then when it builds the kernel it will prompt you about a config change. press "m". You can get around this if you modify the kernel config in projects/Generic/linux/linux.x86_64.conf but this is outside the scope of this.

I assume you need the rc_keytables part as well, but this would require a seperate patch on the v4l-utils package.

Shoot I needed to retry this and the patch is now gone. I only had 1 chance with it and accidentally deleted the patch thinking it would be up still and I could get it again, now I'm stuck. I was hoping to report back with success. Irusak PLEASE tell me you still have the edited patch?
I'm very much a noob to linux, but I'm tying to get this working. I created a patch file based on the differences between the drivers included with the 3.17.2 kernel and the changes described at pastebin.com/eP1wiGtT.

The patch takes manually, and also takes during the OpenELEC build process, but the compilation fails with the following errors:

Code:
Makefile:929: recipe for target 'drivers' failed
make[1]: *** [drivers] Error 2

lrusak mentioned that he had commented out one of the pastebin changes because of a change in the way that rc-core works. I'm not sure which line it was. The only thing I could see that mentioned rc-core is this line:

Code:
/* Non-mouse events are handled by rc-core */
{KIND_END, 0x00, EV_MAX + 1, 0, 0}

I eliminated that change, but it still didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

I've posted my patch here: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/148331/27587714/

Thanks!
(2014-11-06, 14:14)kpublic Wrote: I'm very much a noob to linux, but I'm tying to get this working. I created a patch file based on the differences between the drivers included with the 3.17.2 kernel and the changes described at pastebin.com/eP1wiGtT.

The patch takes manually, and also takes during the OpenELEC build process, but the compilation fails with the following errors:

Code:
Makefile:929: recipe for target 'drivers' failed
make[1]: *** [drivers] Error 2

lrusak mentioned that he had commented out one of the pastebin changes because of a change in the way that rc-core works. I'm not sure which line it was. The only thing I could see that mentioned rc-core is this line:

Code:
/* Non-mouse events are handled by rc-core */
{KIND_END, 0x00, EV_MAX + 1, 0, 0}

I eliminated that change, but it still didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

I've posted my patch here: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/148331/27587714/

Thanks!

I wish I could help. I also encountered an error and was not sure I had done it all right and then the patch was gone so I could not try again. I will give it another shot and see what happens. I bet we will need irusak attention on this again to figure it out though since he said he got it to compile correctly. I'm to much of a noob to get this on my own. I'll see if I can PM him..
Sorry guys I do not have the patch available anymore. It will have to be recreated.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2014-11-18, 18:43)lrusak Wrote: Sorry guys I do not have the patch available anymore. It will have to be recreated.

The original code is still there in my original post. Can you recreate it Irusak? PLEASE!!!! I would really appreciate it!! I would have never thought the post you made would be taken down so soon.
None of us deleted it off your system. Why you would do that I do not know. Are you sure it isn't still on your hard drive amongst the OpenELEC source tree?

@Irusak can you tell me what version of the driver did you diff to create your patch?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-20, 06:54)nickr Wrote: None of us deleted it off your system. Why you would do that I do not know. Are you sure it isn't still on your hard drive amongst the OpenELEC source tree?

@Irusak can you tell me what version of the driver did you diff to create your patch?

I did create the patch once on my system but got an error so I deleted it thinking I copied it wrong & went back to the source to find it was gone. What I meant was I was surprised the copy hosted online would be gone so soon.
Yeah and it doesn't seem to be on the internet archive's wayback machine or in gooogle's cache or anywhere else...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-20, 07:16)nickr Wrote: Yeah and it doesn't seem to be on the internet archive's wayback machine or in gooogle's cache or anywhere else...

:-( Come back to us lrusak. Can you repost/recreate the patch.. I never really got to get it working or test it. So close to a solution to have it snatched away is truly disheartening.
Bump bump diddy bump
Irusak.. Any chance Christmas surprise maybe coming to us ati remote wonder users? Hope you can have a look at this again & have a nice Holiday...
bump a lump dump
man patch
(2015-02-12, 22:09)nickr Wrote: man patch

What do you mean? We had a patch and it was lost to bowels of the internet. Need someone to bring it back from the dead.
You have the driver code. Creating a patch is easy if you do some reading.
Code:
man patch
is a good place to start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adapt a patch. Who's up for a challenge?0