• 34(current)
Mod [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library
(2015-03-01, 22:21)im85288 Wrote: All - FYI, I have recently created a MediaBrowser version of the Amazing Arctic Zephyr skin (available in the beta repo) and It could become my main skin soon so development on this version could well slow down. Things like being able to fully customise the Main and SubMenus using the script.shortcuts are really powerful tools...and like everyone else I sometimes get bored of all the squares and like a change...

I do though love a lot of the features I've added in this skin so no final decision has been made yet Smile

Really excited to hear this. I downloaded this earlier to have a play and can see the appeal. I may need to change my default skin now.
How do I know if I have the latest skin? I'm on oe 5.0.5 and I've had tour skin on for about 4wks now
I posted sometime ago a request for having more layouts when you use Favorits in a playlist. It's currently limited to 3 views; List, reel and love film. Anybody who can extend this to poster view or wall view? I have unfortunately no idea how to do this and at the moment it's the only thing missing to make my playlist for "Concerts" to look just as great as al other playlists that have all the great views.

Thanks in advance.
(2015-03-01, 22:21)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 22:00)Biofx80 Wrote: Hi does this skin is compatible with extended script info? Or the old metadata actor?
It would be great if this function can be implemented.
Smile

Hi, the skin does use parts of the extended info script but I have not and do not intend to add the new info dialogs Sad Most of that functionality, like for example showing the info dialog on the homescreen is already available when using MediaBrowser mode.

(2015-03-01, 15:32)Abu-Dun Wrote:
(2015-02-15, 21:50)im85288 Wrote: Hi, I did check on episodes and it's fine in my Library. Perhaps it's only effecting people using the native kodi library...but I cannot confirm that.
Any chance of getting the native Kodi library support for the season posters?

(2015-02-15, 21:50)im85288 Wrote: As for adding more info, I prefer to have the views not too cluttered with information...this is why I introduced the "Header" information you see at the top of the screenshot above that is consistent in all views.
Thanks, that helped. I only wish that I would have the option (in the settings) to switch between the 0-10 (like IMDb) and the stars rating system. Would that be possible? Besides that, the header informations are great and just what I was looking for!

Both reasonable requests, I'm hoping some of the native Kodi library users of this skin step up and provide a solution for the season posters...as again it's not something I've seen. For the imdb rating...I do prefer the visual indication of the stars..it would be pretty easy to add the numerical rating so I may have a play at a later date.

All - FYI, I have recently created a MediaBrowser version of the Amazing Arctic Zephyr skin (available in the beta repo) and It could become my main skin soon so development on this version could well slow down. Things like being able to fully customise the Main and SubMenus using the script.shortcuts are really powerful tools...and like everyone else I sometimes get bored of all the squares and like a change...

I do though love a lot of the features I've added in this skin so no final decision has been made yet Smile

Ah pity, i just asked you some stuff and you were my only hope lol
Great fan of the Xpereince 1080 skin for the past year. Installed on windows pc/android tv box and alll seemed ok. Though lack of 'home tiles' is a bane for me and lack of space for icons too.

So, come across this mod and i thought id try it on my Amazon Fire Tv and wow, works great. I use Kodi library so this skin still works for me. Had a go at setting it all up last night, reset Kodi and put on a few addons thats i use and loaded my media library up via trakt and an addon i wont mention Wink

All seems ok, bit of work to be done tonight.

1 problem i came across was the background, it looked ghosted out and menu items were repeated and knocked into the background. Really weird but i went into the settings and changed the global background to a plain grey screen and its all good though i would like it to have maybe fanart picture in the background, is that possible?

Sorry, only had a quick look last night and im at work now so cant get into it in detail..

This is on the 1st page on here so maybe this is what i need.....?

For Kodi Library Movies/TV/Music Home backgrounds this script needs to be installed: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166572

Another thing is that im not a big fan of the icons and im trying to change them, i really love these so trying to setup this skin with these icons

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...s-fan-art/ (Xzener's MediaBrowser3 EHS Icons.......holy s..t!....awesome)

Anyway, fantastic work, skin seems to work on the Amazon Fire TV Box. Ill keep you informed and post screens when i get it up and running, if thats ok
(2015-03-04, 11:59)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Great fan of the Xpereince 1080 skin for the past year. Installed on windows pc/android tv box and alll seemed ok. Though lack of 'home tiles' is a bane for me and lack of space for icons too.

So, come across this mod and i thought id try it on my Amazon Fire Tv and wow, works great. I use Kodi library so this skin still works for me. Had a go at setting it all up last night, reset Kodi and put on a few addons thats i use and loaded my media library up via trakt and an addon i wont mention Wink

All seems ok, bit of work to be done tonight.

1 problem i came across was the background, it looked ghosted out and menu items were repeated and knocked into the background. Really weird but i went into the settings and changed the global background to a plain grey screen and its all good though i would like it to have maybe fanart picture in the background, is that possible?

Sorry, only had a quick look last night and im at work now so cant get into it in detail..

This is on the 1st page on here so maybe this is what i need.....?

For Kodi Library Movies/TV/Music Home backgrounds this script needs to be installed: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166572

Another thing is that im not a big fan of the icons and im trying to change them, i really love these so trying to setup this skin with these icons

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...s-fan-art/ (Xzener's MediaBrowser3 EHS Icons.......holy s..t!....awesome)

Anyway, fantastic work, skin seems to work on the Amazon Fire TV Box. Ill keep you informed and post screens when i get it up and running, if thats ok

For the last part, you can change the genre icons in the Extras directory in the skin directory. Just replace the ones there. Make SURE you have all the names matched.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-03-01, 22:21)im85288 Wrote: All - FYI, I have recently created a MediaBrowser version of the Amazing Arctic Zephyr skin (available in the beta repo) and It could become my main skin soon so development on this version could well slow down. Things like being able to fully customise the Main and SubMenus using the script.shortcuts are really powerful tools...and like everyone else I sometimes get bored of all the squares and like a change...

This is very sad news. Think you have done amazing things. I don't use media browser but love the fact you have a channels page and photos page. And bbc sports widgets. Best skin for kodi in my opinion.

Thanks
(2015-03-06, 16:34)qpr1991 Wrote:

This is very sad news. Think you have done amazing things. I don't use media browser but love the fact you have a channels page and photos page. And bbc sports widgets. Best skin for kodi in my opinion.

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words, the bbc sports widget is one of my favourite additions. In fact I miss it a lot with my new skin so will add it soon! Hopefully I've left this skin in a good place for everyone to continue enjoying it and maybe even basing mods on it in the future.

Thanks again Blush
(2015-03-13, 23:16)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 16:34)qpr1991 Wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words, the bbc sports widget is one of my favourite additions. In fact I miss it a lot with my new skin so will add it soon! Hopefully I've left this skin in a good place for everyone to continue enjoying it and maybe even basing mods on it in the future.

Thanks again Blush

Pending even further discussion with im85288, a couple of features from this mod may be added into the base version.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I have a bit of a beginner question.

What are the benefits of using the Media Browser server instead of the built in Kodi one?
(2015-03-21, 13:03)Crueltylizer Wrote: I have a bit of a beginner question.

What are the benefits of using the Media Browser server instead of the built in Kodi one?

The biggest benefit is when you use more than one client for accessing your media. So for example if you use an iPad or roku or go abroad travelling or reinstall Kodi on a different machine ALL of your watched statuses etc and artwork are automatically available. So start watching a series of say Breaking Bad, then continue that on your iPad, come back to your Kodi machine and carry on from where you left it on your iPad.

Basically Kodi does not have a server, every install needs to get its own data/artwork/theme music etc etc...severs such as Emby (new name for Media Browser) and Plex manage multiple clients properly.

Hopefully one day Kodi will have a server.
Absolutely loving this skin - it's one of the first skins for Kodi that's passed the "Wife Useability Factor" test. Easy to set up views and shortcuts, and lots of areas are easily accessible from the homescreen.

One quick question though - is there some easy way i'm missing to enable more views for advanced launcher? I've got everything set up and working, but it looks like only the "list" view is available. I'd love to have something like a thumbnails view to showcase all my cover art Smile
Glad it passed the crucial WAF Smile

I've never used advanced launcher so I can't help I'm afraid, if someone else knows though I'll be happy to add it.
Thank you so much for the reply.

I just installed the skin and I'm absolutely in love with it. It is simply stunning, easy to navigate and the different "Views" are great.

Sadly my Synology disk don't support MB server yet, but maybe at some point it will.

But the skin works well with Native Kodi Library, so thanks for that.
(2015-03-27, 13:49)Crueltylizer Wrote: Thank you so much for the reply.

I just installed the skin and I'm absolutely in love with it. It is simply stunning, easy to navigate and the different "Views" are great.

Sadly my Synology disk don't support MB server yet, but maybe at some point it will.

But the skin works well with Native Kodi Library, so thanks for that.

Well the good news is a few of us have been working on a new addon that syncs your Emby (formerly MediaBrowser) library with the native Kodi one Smile it's in the final stages of Alpha testing and will be released any day soon. I have to say it works brilliantly, allowing the use of any Kodi skin with the greatness of the Emby server for managing your media in one Central place.

I'm also told that the synology version is very close..so keep an eye out Wink
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library6