WIP script.service.BR_iso-Enhancements - use BR iso files with Kodi
Hi,

This is a lot of first's for me (first addon, decent python prog, use of github, etc....) so bear with me. It is my attempt for this feature request

I wrote an addon to enhance Kodi. It removes some limitations of Kodi while using full-rip bluray iso's.

This addon allows the user to automatically select a stream/playlist on an BR iso by using a filename tag. Selecting a stream is already possible with Kodi. You can select a stream with the 'select playback item' window.

This works ok mostly, but in some use cases this isn't user friendly.

use case 1:
Theatrical and directors cut on the same bluray. Using this adon you can have 2 movie entries in the kodi db. The 'select playback item' window will show 2 (or more) streams, but which stream is the theatrical version, and which stream is the directors cut? Kodi will select the correct stream using this addon.

use case 2:
2 movies on the disc; examples are the 'Cinderella II & III' and the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' blu-ray box.

use case 3:
Some bluray discs show tens to maybe hundreds of streams in the 'select playback item' window. These streams are the same movie, but some scenes are placed out of order. This is used as some form of 'copyprotection/rip-protection'. It's difficult to remember which stream is the correct one, and even more difficult to explain to the wife/kids that they have to select stream 538 for this movie.

use case 4:
Some movies have a lot of extras, sometimes these extras get selected by Kodi as the main movie. This addon will allow to automatically select the right stream.

use case 5:
It's possible to play a trailer that is located on the bluray disc by selecting the stream.

use case 5:
Use full bluray rips from tv shows in Kodi. The correct stream will be played when your select an episode.

How to use this addon (warning: usage of the CLI is needed):

For movies

Bluray_Movies
=============
subdir 1: "movie X - Theatrical version" ; contains "movie X (year).Bluray.PlayList[12345].iso"
subdir 2: "movie X - Uncut version" ; contains "movie X (year).Bluray.PlayList[54321].iso"

The filetag ".PlayList[12345]." is important. 12345 or 54321 is ALWAYS 5 numbers. So if Kodi says it plays stream 1, the filetag needs to be ".PlayList[00001].".

Subdir 2 contains not a copy of the bluray iso. It contains a hardlink with a relative path to the real isofile in subdir 1. Otherwise you would need a lot of HD space to store al these full bluray iso copies.
Windows uses mklink, linux uses ln (wikipedia). These links need to be made on the computer that contains the HD where the movies are stored. So if you have an unraid server, you use ln in an telnet session to this unraid server; If you have a WHS2011, make the link while logged in to this WHS server, etc...

Bluray tv shows
==============
You have a dir in your main tv shows directory (named "TV-Show X"). Inside this "TV-Show X" dir are subdirs for "Season 1", "Season 2", etc...
Place the bluray file, with name eg "Show X.S01E01.S01E02.S01E03.S01E04.S01E05.iso in the root dir ("TV-Show X").
Now make a hardlink from in the "Season 1" directory to the iso file. So you would get the following files (hardlinks) in this ("Season 1") dir:
Show X.S01E01.PlayList[00001].iso
Show X.S01E02.PlayList[00002].iso
Show X.S01E03.PlayList[00003].iso
Show X.S01E04.PlayList[00004].iso
Show X.S01E05.PlayList[00005].iso

You have a dir in your main tv shows directory (named "TV-Show X"). Inside this "TV-Show X" dir are subdirs for "Season 1", "Season 2", etc...
Place the bluray file, with name eg "Show X.S01E01.S01E02.S01E03.S01E04.S01E05.iso in the root dir ("TV-Show X"). The playlist on the bluray is one single big stream for all the episodes (eg supernatural).
Now make a hardlink from in the "Season 1" directory to the iso file. So you would get the following files (hardlinks) in this ("Season 1") dir:
Show X.S01E01.PlayList[00001=00_00_00=00_45_00].iso
Show X.S01E02.PlayList[00002=00_45_01=01_30_00].iso
Show X.S01E03.PlayList[00003=01_30_01=02_15_00].iso
Show X.S01E04.PlayList[00004=02_15_01=03_00_00].iso
Show X.S01E05.PlayList[00005=03_00_01=03_45_00].iso

Place the bluray file, with name eg "Show X.S01E01.S01E02.S01E03.S01E04.S01E05.iso in the root dir ("TV-Show X"). You don't want tot see the recap of the previous episode that is shows before each episode (each recap takes about 62 seconds).
Show X.S01E01.PlayList[00001-00_01_02].iso
Show X.S01E02.PlayList[00002-00_01_02].iso
Show X.S01E03.PlayList[00003-00_01_02].iso
Show X.S01E04.PlayList[00004-00_01_02].iso
Show X.S01E05.PlayList[00005-00_01_02].iso

Someone needs to search the correct stream numbers for the correct episode/movie/.... but this can be done by a knowledgeable user, the other users (wife/kids) can use this without further help.

Limitations:

While it does work on gotham, you still get the 'select playback item' window. Just press something, the addon wil choose the right stream. This should hopefully be solved with Helix (PR:5228).

Does not work yet with tv show blurays that have 1 single big stream for all the episodes. "Supernatural" is an example. I'll add that later. (edit: works from v0.0.4)

I also intend to adapt it so one can play multidisc bluray movies seamless. LOTR extended version comes to mind. It will be possible to play disc one, and the addon will automatically go to the correct stream on disc 2 when needed (this feature will have some limitations, mainly with seek).

Get it here: https://github.com/Wimpie-ccc/script.ser...hancements

Please try it out, and give feedback about bugs, needed adjustments or other comments

Thanks,
Wimpie

PS: I would like to thank Ace for his Language Preferences Manager. I used this as a base/skeleton to build this addon.
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
(2014-09-15, 06:46)Wimpie Wrote: Does not work yet with tv show blurays that have 1 single big stream for all the episodes. "Supernatural" is an example. I'll add that later.
Wouldn't the built in Bookmarks#Episode_bookmarks (wiki) cover this in a family friendly manner?
(2014-09-15, 11:15)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 06:46)Wimpie Wrote: Does not work yet with tv show blurays that have 1 single big stream for all the episodes. "Supernatural" is an example. I'll add that later.
Wouldn't the built in Bookmarks#Episode_bookmarks (wiki) cover this in a family friendly manner?

Yes, that would cover the same, until you decide to add a second Kodi HTPC. Wouldn't you have to redo all the bookmarks on the second HTPC?

Not this way.

Besides, it would give an uniform way to do this.
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
(2014-09-15, 13:40)Wimpie Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 11:15)jjd-uk Wrote:

Yes, that would cover the same, until you decide to add a second Kodi HTPC. Wouldn't you have to redo all the bookmarks on the second HTPC?

Not this way.

Besides, it would give an uniform way to do this.

Bookmarks are stored in the database I believe, so if you've got a MySQL shared database they'd be shared between clients, anyway just thought I'd let know before you went ahead and worked on it.
I just posted an update for this.

Get it at (click at RAW to download the zip):
https://github.com/Wimpie-ccc/script.ser...v0.0.2.zip

Install it like any other addon in zip file

To use it:

Enable the addon in Kodi,

Start movie from beginning of the playlist
==============================
Rename a blu-ray iso and add a filetag: '.PlayStream[12345].' 12345 is the playlist you want to play by default.
Thus: 'Test movie.bluray.iso' becomes 'Test movie.PlayStream[54321].bluray.iso'.

The playlist number has to be 5 digits.
So: 'Test movie.PlayStream[1].bluray.iso' is NOT correct.
'Test movie.PlayStream[00001].bluray.iso' is correct.

With this,and some soft/hard linking, you can make :
- theatrical / uncut / directors cut / .... versions of the same movie from 1 iso file
- split 2 or 3 different movies on 1 blu-ray so that they can be correctly imported in Kodi
- use this for tv shows. 1 iso has 5 episodes -> 5 links, for each episode a link and the correct playlist in it's filename (with .s01e02. so Kodi can scan this)
- make trailers/etc. avail with this technique

Start movie from X seconds from the start
================================
Same procedure as above, but the filename should have a '.PlayStream[12345-uu_mm_ss].' filename tag.

uu are hours, mm are minutes and ss are seconds, so if you always want to start a movie 30 seconds from the start with playlist 11223 then it becomes: 'Test movie.PlayStream[11223-00_00_30].bluray.iso'.

With this,and some soft/hard linking, you can do the following:
- cut out the "previously on show XXX' recap in front of some show episodes
- some blu-ray have the tv episodes as 1 continuous 3 hour plus videofile, you can cut the episodes out with this (does not stop at the end of the current episode, but plays the following episode)

Some thing to do/ideas:
- cleanup the code
- add a way to specify start AND stop time (for tv shows that are stored as one long videofile on the disc)
- add a way for multi disc movies to start playing second disc when first disc is done (will NOT be completly seamless, Kodi has to load the second disc and that takes time)

Test it out and let me know what you think about it. I'm open for suggestions...
Just posted v0.0.3

Biggest change:
- Changed filetag from ".PlayStream[12345]." to ".PlayList[12345]."
- Changed filetag from ".PlayStream[12345-01_25_42]." to ".PlayList[12345-01_25_42]."

After all, they are called playlists, not streams...

Try it out and let me know what you think...
found a simpler solution that works for me, but thanks for making the addon Smile
http://nwgat.ninja/adding-episodes-on-tv...i-library/
Ryzen 1500X, 2x8GB 3000 DDR4, RX 560 4GB, 250GB EVO, Windows 10
Does this only work on iso files? What about blu-ray backup folders not contained in an image file?
(2015-11-16, 04:40)bigbully Wrote: Does this only work on iso files? What about blu-ray backup folders not contained in an image file?

Sorry, only works on bluray iso's.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.service.BR_iso-Enhancements - use BR iso files with Kodi0