[RELEASE] VPNicity - Online Privacy in XBMC
Photo 
A VPN designed for Kodi. I am no longer involved in this project so DixieDean will be taking care of this support.
When I go to this page neither the booklet nor the video load. https://www.vpnicity.com/setup-windows/
(2014-09-19, 14:53)whufclee Wrote: My apologies for the delay in updating you, the new SSL certificate installed on the site was somehow causing issues with the guides. Not entirely sure how or why this has happened but the interactive text guides are back up - still struggling to get the video's up but here's the direct links to them if you want them:

Windows Video Guide
Android Video Guide

Thanks Smile
Hi no trial offers at all ? bit sceptical signing up for VPN service without testing the water
Yes there is a 3 day money back guarantee trial period. Full details are on the website.
cheers WHUFCLEE
Wanted very much to get VPNicity, but nothing works for me at this page https://www.vpnicity.com
i cant register cant subscribe. nothing works nothing loads,

anyone know why it does not work?
(2015-08-07, 14:48)ekroi Wrote: Wanted very much to get VPNicity, but nothing works for me at this page https://www.vpnicity.com
i cant register cant subscribe. nothing works nothing loads,

anyone know why it does not work?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The website is working fine.
UPDATE - VPNicity 1.2.4
v1.2.4:
- Added built-in install method for OpenELEC. Now fully automated.

MAJOR UPDATE FOR OPENELEC USERS - This has been built for OpenELEC 5.x.x (Kodi 14.x and above)
VPNicity will still work on older OE builds but the installation can be more complicated.
Please post here if you need help on older versions of OpenELEC.

After much development and testing, this update should make using the add-on real easy for OpenELEC users.

The add-on will now sense that you are using OE (it does this for OS X too) and install/setup VPNicity for you.
No editing of settings, no downloads of helper apps, it's all automatic.

This has been tested on the following devices/chipsets:

OpenELEC Generic (x86)
Raspberry Pi Model B (ARMv6)
Official downloads: http://openelec.tv/get-openelec

OpenELEC AMLogic (ARMv7)
Tested on:
Matricom MX2
AMLogic M8

Codesnake's downloads: https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.tv/releases/

If you are a new user the process is quite simple.
Install the addon from my repo and open it from Program Add-ons.
You will be prompted for your user/pass and then VPNicity will download and install everything for you.
That's it!!!

Please watch the video below.
UPDATE - VPNicity 1.2.7
v1.2.7:
- Fix for OpenELEC Beta versions. OE now works with 5.95.x and above.

v1.2.6:
- On-Tapp.TV compatibility fix.

v1.2.5:
- Changed IP Check method.
- Fixed Isengard context menu display.
- Code changes.

This version now works with the OpenELEC Beta for Isengard (5.95.x).

As long as they don't change the shared libraries again, this should be good for the full release (6.0.x) and any ongoing versions after that.

On a clean install, VPNicity will sense you are on OpenELEC and install the correct copy of the OpenVPN executable.

If you were having issues, go to the Add-on Settings and re-install OpenVPN, while making sure you have OpenELEC selected as your OS.

Thank you.
UPDATE - VPNicity 1.2.9

This is a small update to add better compatibility with Wetek Play boxes running OpenELEC.

We had reports that the OpenVPN binary was not being installed correctly which is now resolved.

Cheers

Rich
Hello,
Can you tell me the best way to get VPNicity running on Openelec version 3.2.4 Generic.x86_64,
that's installed on a eMachine ER1402?

I noticed a VPN setting in: Openelec Settings/Network/VPN
Surely I just need to add my VPNicity user account credentials in here without the need to install a Plugin/Add-on?
(2015-11-12, 22:45)goonster Wrote: Hello,
Can you tell me the best way to get VPNicity running on Openelec version 3.2.4 Generic.x86_64,
that's installed on a eMachine ER1402?

I noticed a VPN setting in: Openelec Settings/Network/VPN
Surely I just need to add my VPNicity user account credentials in here without the need to install a Plugin/Add-on?

that seems like a very old version of openelec, why don't you just update to the latest version and it will install automatically?
Looks like I may need to upgrade after all.
That's the newest OpenElec version that will run in that hardware (graphic issue/boot loop on newer versions).
Got my eye an the WeTek Core as it happens :-)
Is this any good with OpenElec for this PVN to run smoothly? And does anyone know where to buy them in the UK? Can't seem to find any for sale here :-s
Hi

I replied to you elsewhere but yes, a better box would be a good plan and as far as I know, VPNicity should run fine on a Wetek with OpenELEC or Android.

I'm thinking of getting one myself so will know for sure after that. Wink

If you get one and have issues, get back to me and I'll help with any fixes to get it going but as I say, it should be fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] VPNicity - Online Privacy in XBMC1