Show currently selected Artist/Album in library
currently xbmc gives not indication of the currently selected "artist/album" or "genre/artist", etc when browsing your music collection in xbmc in library mode.

i think that it would be very nice for music library navigation if xbmc showed, on the top of the screen, above the first library entry the currently selected "artist" and "album" (if one has been selected) or "genre", etc.

amadawn
i think that's a skinning request.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i think you are right. however, it is a request related to the default, official, skin. how can i make a request to update it?

thanks,

amadawn
how do you propose the info would be displayed?

how much information (ie just the name of the current "directory")?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hopefully it would show the "path" that you followed to get there.
for instance, if you went to genres and selected pop, it should show "pop". if then you selected sting it would show "pop\sting" and if then selected the album "brand new day" it should show "pop\sting\brand new day".

if instead of initially selecting "genre" you selected artist, when you clicked on sting it would show "sting" and so forth.

i hope this is clear. i think it would make the library navigation much more straight forward. right now it is hard to tell where you are in the library.

cheers,

amadawn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show currently selected Artist/Album in library0