• 3(current)
Release Pushbullet - Your devices working better together
Greats good news for this add-on and for you guys...

Ruuk's add-on (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=204743) and mine was merged in a single more powerful one...

In the next release you will be able to test the result of this collaboration
Information 
Version 0.8.0b - Private repository beta

Changes:
  • Added interface, OAuth and media handling code from service.pusbullet.com (ruuk)
  • Added choices for handling different push types - Play/Show|Notify|Ignore

On my REPO.

As muttley stated in the previous post, we have joined forces and combined both our addons into one, bringing the best of both together.

Without knowing it, we both created these addons at about the same time. When I was getting ready to release mine to the official repository I found out there was already a Pushbullet addon that had been added while I was the XBMC/Kodi DevCon. Instead of creating the messy situation of having two Pushbullet addons I asked muttley if he wouldn't mind working together, and he agreed.
Fortunately, we focused on different things when creating our addons, so the features complemented each other.

For those who have only used muttley's addon, the main differences that you will see are the addition of an interface for managing and viewing pushes, and the ability to play a wide range of push media types either instantly or from the interface. Also authorization can now be done without copying the token from your pushbullet.com settings via the 'Authorize' button in the addon settings.
Also, you can now install my repository from the link above to keep up to date on the newest versions.

Please let us know if there are any issues, or questions.
Information 
Version 0.8.2b - Private repository beta

Changes:
  • Fix for error preventing authorization

On my REPO.

Well it looks like I couldn't make it a whole day without finding a bug. Confused
Nice update (joining forces) but there is 1 thing i don't like.
The way authentication is verified using auth.2ndmind.com!
This doesn't feel good and could be a single point of failure when site is down for verification.
Why can't this be verified directly @pushbullet.com?
Pushbullet doesn't have device authentication. You can still enter the token in your Pushbullet settings manually, but this won't be an app specific token. 2ndmind.com is my own ip which I've had for 10 years. The auth server is running on Red Hat's OpenShift servers which are quite stable.
I just wanted to add that authentication in Pushbullet is currently a one time thing, so you won't have to be re-authorizing once you've done it. Also, OAuth works by issuing a token that grants the app access to some of the user data, and if you feel the token is compromised or the app is misusing it, you can revoke the authorization for that app.
To be clear, all my server does is redirect to Pushbullet and let the addon connect and get the token with the code. The code expires after 5 min and the token is deleted.
There is a bug in this "new" addon v0.8.2b.

When you send a media link to XBMC it start playback of previous watched item. Example, I watched a movie of my library, then sent a Youtube link, the addon re-open the previous movie, not the new link.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Thanks for your bug reporting...

We already work on it. This can be called 'regression'...and it's quite normal after a merge of two projects Wink
Information 
Version 0.8.4b - Private repository beta

Changes:
  • Fix for pushes playing last video unstead of pushed video

On my REPO.
Version 0.8.6b - Private repository beta

Changes:
  • Fix for pushes sent when Kodi is off all being played when push is received
  • Added setting 'Interrupt Playing Media' (Default: False)
  • Will now reconnect on disconnection from push server

On my REPO.
Version 0.8.8b - Private repository beta

Changes:
  • Fix for error causing service startup to fail

On my REPO.
Hi,

Does this addon constantly run in the background on Kodi polling some external server for new messages? Or are messages pushed to it like the name suggests?

Thanks
the second one...It use the websocket.

Btw, this add-on use the official Pushbullet API, that you can see here: https://docs.pushbullet.com/
(2014-10-29, 17:27)muttley:bd Wrote: the second one...It use the websocket.

Btw, this add-on use the official Pushbullet API, that you can see here: https://docs.pushbullet.com/

LOVE. IT. Thanks...
I can't seem to get the notifications to show in kodi, if I manually go and check the pushbullet addon messages and links are in my history. No error messages on pushbullet or xbmc. I can get notifications from other addons and I've tried going to confluence just to make sure it's not the skin. Any idea what may be going wrong?

I'm on XBMC 13.2 Git:20140825-91d1e71
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pushbullet - Your devices working better together2