XRDP and XBMCBuntu
Hi All,

I am going to install XRDP to administer my machine remotely. I don't like sitting on a stool in front of the plasma with a kb on my knee. The guides for installing XRDP state that the default desktop does not work with XRDP, an alternative must be installed.

My question is, can XBMC run happily while having an alternative desktop running and an XRDP session talking to that alternative desktop?

Thanks
Do you really need a desktop environment to administer it ?? I administer my remote Linux clients using SSH. Admittedly this might mean you learning a few commands, but so far I haven't come across anything that has needed a GUI.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Hi,

Just a personal preference for a GUI environment. I don't use the console often enough to remember the command line commands.

Actually I have a new question on this topic. I got the NoMachine remote desktop going. It was easy. However I didn't appreciate just what it did. If XBMC is running and you log in under the one and only account on the machine what you get is XBMC looking at you on the remote terminal. If you want to do anything you have to stop XBMC and go to the desktop.

I wanted to mess about on a desktop on the machine while XBMC does its stuff untroubled by me pottering around in the background. Will this require another user account?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XRDP and XBMCBuntu0