• 16(current)
Kodi has stopped working
1. start a new thread as your post has no connection to this one.

2. Logs belong on a paste site, not in the forum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I disabled HTTP control and since then no crashes.
This way I'm still unable to control the Kodi via mobile phone. This feature was never working in 14.0 Helix but worked well in 13.2. It finds Kodi on local address but it is never able to connect.
You guys mentioned a newer version. I'm having short interruptions when decoding Atmos content, perhaps this is now solved?
I would be glad to provide logs if needed.
(2015-01-28, 00:20)rr_7351 Wrote: I disabled HTTP control and since then no crashes.
This way I'm still unable to control the Kodi via mobile phone. This feature was never working in 14.0 Helix but worked well in 13.2. It finds Kodi on local address but it is never able to connect.
You guys mentioned a newer version. I'm having short interruptions when decoding Atmos content, perhaps this is now solved?
I would be glad to provide logs if needed.

Can an iOS device still control Kodi without HTTP control enabled? I'm wondering if this might be the way to stop my constant crashing, which only ever occurs whilst doing something on the remote?
In my knowledge - no.
The crashes would be a lot less painful if the "Kodi has stopped working" pop up dialog was: (1) focused and (2) dismissible by remote.

Each crash means fishing out a keyboard/mouse, i.e. couchbound horror.
That is the nature of a crash though, this is after all a Windows app which is dying, so while the crashes drive me utterly batty, I'm not too fussed how they handle it. If you're a 100% remote only, 'proper' wife-level HTPC kinda guy, you shouldn't be running the new versions until they are definitely well tested.

What I'm surprised about is how long it's taking to fix. I'm not critiquing the devs, more so I'm surprised any bug would take this long yet go un-noticed in testing. It must be quite serious at this point.
(2015-01-29, 03:28)Snazzy Wrote: The crashes would be a lot less painful if the "Kodi has stopped working" pop up dialog was: (1) focused and (2) dismissible by remote.

They are dismissable on my Windows 7 build. I press "Enter" on my remote and then I have bound another key as a shortcut to start Kodi. This has made my wife very happy...!

This has been bugging the heck out of me. Glad I found this forum. Not glad there's no fix.
(2015-01-31, 06:58)elks Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 03:28)Snazzy Wrote: The crashes would be a lot less painful if the "Kodi has stopped working" pop up dialog was: (1) focused and (2) dismissible by remote.

They are dismissable on my Windows 7 build. I press "Enter" on my remote and then I have bound another key as a shortcut to start Kodi. This has made my wife very happy...!

This has been bugging the heck out of me. Glad I found this forum. Not glad there's no fix.

I'm at least glad it's not 'my fault' so that's a start. I don't need to be diagnosing weird PC issues.
(2015-01-31, 06:58)elks Wrote: They are dismissable on my Windows 7 build. I press "Enter" on my remote and then I have bound another key as a shortcut to start Kodi. This has made my wife very happy...!

Nice. I get a black screen with the dialog visible, but the box isn't focused. Pretty sure the close program button isn't focused either; if you get the dialog to the front with alt-tab, you still need to click it. Doesn't matter 'cause the keyboard is already out by then.

I'm crashing from video stream addons for the most part.
NOTE: A new version has come out, no one appears to have updated this thread clarifying that?.. or am I missing a post?

See here:
https://twitter.com/XBMC/status/562198790653108225
http://kodi.tv/kodi-14-1-helix-bugfix-release/
Is this *particular problem* fixed? One would think these 2 threads would be updated for those who don't use twitter to follow @xbmc?
(2015-02-03, 14:07)AbRASiON Wrote: One would think these 2 threads would be updated for those who don't use twitter to follow @xbmc?

Isn't that what you have just done?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-03, 20:28)nickr Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 14:07)AbRASiON Wrote: One would think these 2 threads would be updated for those who don't use twitter to follow @xbmc?

Do I *look* like XBMC staff? Why should I be doing it?
We can't all be ass kissers trying to get on the team.
You have a reputation, don't make smug comments to members.
It's a community project. Help out if you can, when you can. No one is really 'staff' in any real sense. Start by being less 'abrasive' and it will be better for everyone.

The bug is buried deep and many of us are running Kodi on Windows just fine, or with very infrequent crashes, and it's no real surprise on a very complex multi platform project a bug or two might slip through and take some time to get fixed. It's just a media centre so everyone should just chill...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2015-02-03, 23:43)AbRASiON Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 20:28)nickr Wrote:

Do I *look* like XBMC staff? Why should I be doing it?
We can't all be ass kissers trying to get on the team.
You have a reputation, don't make smug comments to members.
which of the volunteer staff do you suppose keeps a list of every bug thread and updates all of them when a point release happens. Yes I think 14.1 was poorly announced, but to think someone is going to update every thread is nonsense.
Nickr has a tendency of confusing himself with the developers, someone pointed it out to me a while back, his comment was smarmy.

I realise it's a community project, I donated to it so long ago, the donation badge for the forums wasn't available on the system yet.
I was surprised though, that a developer who compiled, confirmed, released the new code etc, didn't update the thread, since clearly they are the ones who are aware, to the very second when it goes up.

Regardless of all that stuff, regarding this thread and problem, I've done some investigation, this problem isn't actually fixed in 14.1 and they've re-stated that they may not be able to fix it till V15........quite surprising.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi has stopped working4