• 17(current)
Kodi has stopped working
I'll say again, how many threads is some developer supposed to update?

And regarding the ongoing problem, I assume the devs will want more logs of the problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-04, 01:17)AbRASiON Wrote: Regardless of all that stuff, regarding this thread and problem, I've done some investigation, this problem isn't actually fixed in 14.1 and they've re-stated that they may not be able to fix it till V15........quite surprising.
Greetings...

Came here for also have this issue on a Win 7 machine after updating from XMBC to Kodi ver 14.1 Downloaded on Feb 2. It can happen any time which makes it much harder to deal with.

I have upload my last two debug logs to the bug upload site where you paste in the debug log. But there is no place to say why you are uploading it. I did not want to post a note in the log box itself.

In any case...I have trued turning off HTTP access, Removed old skins and only using the default one. Looking in the plugin areas I have no clue what to remove and not as surely do not remember installing all of them. They seem to be defaults or something as I know I only loaded I think 4 and two are now deleted.

I read in this post that it may not be fixed until ver 15? I can't buy that as that seems kind of off base. I have to think that are looking into it, just look at the size of this thread and doing a search in Google brings up a good deal of results.
You need to post the URLs of the uploaded logs or no one can find them to look at.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for I had NO IDEA what that was as there is no info on what you do with it. Smile

I take it then post them here or somewhere else? (Sorry)

Just in case here is fine...

Kodi ver 14.1 Downloaded on Feb 2.

Here is a crash after watching TV show off hard disk. Right when it ended and pressed STOP, it crashed out.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=416143

And this was was just now when I loaded Kodi and went into SYSTEM to turn off Debug. Got the the screen Debug in on then Poof. Gone.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=416144
Just for my understanding, is the but crashing kodi only, but keeping windows running?
I have sometimes crashes on my Zotac where both crash, but where I thought it was my fan, too much heat. Now just want to double check.
Machine is completely stable, fault is specifically XBMC / Kodi, not Windows in any way.
If you're having machine crashes, I suggest you look elsewhere - run a memtest, re-seat ram, use prime95 etc.
Sorry.
Hi can I join the windows kodi party or should I say gateCRASH it? Big Grin
I have two windows machines I look after running 14.1 and my one seems to fall over quite regularly. Have picked up a few things:
Disabling web server, as recommended in the update for 14.1 news, has made things worse. When ending a TV show, this happens:

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: access_violation
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\AM1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 170, in onPlayBackEnded
                                                self.onPlayBackStopped()
                                              File "C:\Users\AM1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 176, in onPlayBackStopped
                                                self.action('episode')
                                              File "C:\Users\AM1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 116, in _update
                                                LIBRARY._fetch_recommended_episodes()
                                              File "C:\Users\AM1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\library.py", line 240, in _fetch_recommended_episodes
                                                json_query2 = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes", "params": {"tvshowid": %d, "properties": ["title", "playcount", "plot", "season", "episode", "showtitle", "file", "lastplayed", "rating", "resume", "art", "streamdetails", "firstaired", "runtime", "writer", "cast", "dateadded"], "sort": {"method": "episode"}, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "is", "value": "0"}, "limits": {"end": 1}}, "id": 1}' %item['tvshowid'])
                                            RuntimeError: access_violation
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
22:58:18 T:6200  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
And BUMP kodi crashes.
I've read this is MySQL related and also to the skin addon in question. I will disable the addon and see how I go.
The interesting thing is this doesnt happen with webserver enabled. BUT with that enabled I was getting random crashes which I think may be due to push notifications being sent to it or more likely library update commands.

debug log with web server on and watching an episode (no crash): http://pastebin.com/HQJPMZnz
debug log with web server disabled: http://pastebin.com/dJ6zTcrE

Sorry if I'm repeating anything I haven't read this whole thread but I'm guessing the title "kodi has stopped working" can be a bit of a broad church for noobs!

EDIT: Just noticed I have to restart kodi once I enable web server or else it will still crash at the end of each episode.
NOTE: I too am a MySQL user, and mine has had crash issues.
I also use Aeon Nox
Hi - I was testing various video decoding options over the week-end in an attempt to get DXVA2 HW decoding sorted on my new AMD PC (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204694&page=10) and noted with some settings Kodi would crash. It would crash (Kodi only, not Windows) with DXVA2 enabled and when stopping a movie being played ... it would just hang with the last video frame shown frozen on the screen. Restarting Windows and disabling DXVA2 seems to always resolve the crashing issues.
(2015-02-10, 02:24)LeKodeur Wrote: Hi - I was testing various video decoding options over the week-end in an attempt to get DXVA2 HW decoding sorted on my new AMD PC (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204694&page=10) and noted with some settings Kodi would crash. It would crash (Kodi only, not Windows) with DXVA2 enabled and when stopping a movie being played ... it would just hang with the last video frame shown frozen on the screen. Restarting Windows and disabling DXVA2 seems to always resolve the crashing issues.
Thanks for the info, I have an AMD AM1 Athlon too so I have disabled dxva2 for now until I get things settled. Also please update that thread if you find anything.
217817 (thread)

As regards updating threads, how about all of them. Fair enough, the Dev's shouldn't carry the can for all of it but there
should be enough knowledge out there for the gurus to help the novices and the novices to help the noobs.
There seemed to be no bother with Frodo and Gotham but once I made the leap to Kodi it seems really unstable.

Thread attached to see if anyone can shed light and apologies for hijacking but therein lies the problem of not updating threads...............
I see no reply to my post so is my input not needed? Is there any news on this issue or should we expect no progress until 15 is out? How about correcting the statement to disable webserver as this made things worse in my case?
(2015-02-12, 12:25)Morphy99 Wrote: I see no reply to my post so is my input not needed? Is there any news on this issue or should we expect no progress until 15 is out? How about correcting the statement to disable webserver as this made things worse in my case?

Like you said you dident read the posts before you, if you did you would see that this is a somewhat inactive thread and it's moved to this one.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216275

Do as told in the first post and download the version in the first post. It's like 14.1 but with more fixes, and Karlson2k's 5 February version seems to have fixed most if not all random crashes.
Hope it helps you to. If not you also get more files to post if you put in the .pdb file as told to in post one, that will help them find the problem.
@all
please see following thread
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216275

closing this.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi has stopped working4