Req Small UI Comment re: System System Display Mode
I find it non-intuitive that there is more than one spot to look for video settings.

I use a two-screen approach with a laptop and HDMI out to my tv. Every so often, I lose fullscreen mode on Kodi. (This is not a problem and has to do with my two-screen setup.) Because this doesn't happen often, I tend to need to rediscover how to go back to fullscreen. The adjustment I need is under -- System / System / Display Mode. However, I always first head to System / Video /. Then, I try System / Appearance. I am sure eventually I will remember without heading to the wrong place first, but this UI is not intuitive to me.

First, there is the 'System / System' or 'Settings / System' thing. I can get into the top level of what are effectively settings by choosing System or the sub-menu item Settings. System / System certainly doesn't make sense to me.

Secondly, there is the fact that there are video settings in two different places.

Finally, I find it non-intuitive that there are video settings under the System sub-menu rather than Video or Appearance.

I view this as a very small issue, but I thought I would share my thoughts. If this has been mentioned elsewhere, I apologize. I did try doing a search.
FYI - I use Windowed Fullscreen because regular fullscreen tends to takeover my laptop too much.

Cheers, Bill.
The main confusion is because of the english language use of the word video being used to describe two different things.

I think the confusion would be cleared up if "Videos" was called "Video library" and System -> Video was called "Display output".
Ned, renaming Video to Video Library wouldn't make sense as it covers far more than just Library settings. I do agree that Video Output could perhaps be better, so yeah maybe something like Display Output.

Perhaps System should be renamed something like Device, as all settings in there are for setting up your Device for use with with XBMC.
I second that "System->System" is just stupid. It should be "Settings->System".

Also instead of Video it Might be VideoPlayer and instead of Music it might be MusicPlayer (as its the player related settings not the Screen related - yeah the library doesn't fit in here i know ...).

For the VideoOutput (System->System->Video) it might be good to change it to either VideoOutput (respectively Audio->AudioOutput) or VideoDevice / AudioDevice or what not.

I think we should change the namings a bit here too. Any other thoughts?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
There was a lengthy discussion about redoing the layout of settings that I forgot about, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189031

The settings.xml and strings.po changes I could perhaps have a play about with.
(2014-09-19, 13:04)jjd-uk Wrote: There was a lengthy discussion about redoing the layout of settings that I forgot about, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189031

Oh nice, I was just thinking about this the other day and I couldn't find the thread.
(2014-09-19, 19:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 13:04)jjd-uk Wrote: There was a lengthy discussion about redoing the layout of settings that I forgot about, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189031

Oh nice, I was just thinking about this the other day and I couldn't find the thread.

Took me a while to find as our forum search really is shit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small UI Comment re: System System Display Mode0