• 11(current)
Dolby atmos
(2015-01-21, 07:48)C.Taylor Wrote: I know, but (so far) Atmos enabled Blu-rays are TrueHD 7.1 beds and show as that unless you are using Atmos enabled gear. So my question is do those who are into Atmos think a stricktly Atmos icon is better than an Atmos 7.1 icon? I think the former, just seeing what others think.

Just Atmos
Dolby Atmos can be besides Dolby True HD also on top of Dolby Digital Plus track (which is I think 5.1 only). This is going to be most likely used only for streaming.
I did a quick googlefu, but didn't find the answer hence asking here.

I typically transcode via Handbrake and keep the original Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD as passthru. Is this supported in Handbrake yet and if so which build?

TIA.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
(2015-01-22, 17:00)thethirdnut Wrote: I did a quick googlefu, but didn't find the answer hence asking here.

I typically transcode via Handbrake and keep the original Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD as passthru. Is this supported in Handbrake yet and if so which build?

TIA.

Surely the place to ask is in a handbrake support channel.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This is the logo I've used, though in grey-scale. Hope to post some screen shots when I get it working right. Would also like to find this logo as a proper PNG or better yet PSD file someplace, rather than mucking with a JPG.

Hi,

I too can confirm that Atmos decoding works with Kodi 14 Helix.

Bye!
(2015-01-22, 17:00)thethirdnut Wrote: I did a quick googlefu, but didn't find the answer hence asking here.

TIA.

And handbrake doesn't support TrueHD passthrough.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Dolby Atmos works fine except there are short interruptions in some cases. Only when decoding the Atmos content!
Anyone else noticed that?
(2015-01-28, 00:15)rr_7351 Wrote: Dolby Atmos works fine except there are short interruptions in some cases. Only when decoding the Atmos content!
Anyone else noticed that?

Off (but on) topic; What kind of speaker setup (5.1.4, 7.1.4, etc.) are you using, and what surround processor? Just curious what the early adopters are using...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I'm going to use a 5.1.4 set-up. I'm currentlry holding off to see if either Marantz 7702 or 8802 models can be upgraded to support DTS:X. I don't want to have to be replacing kit in less than 2 years and we should have a clearer idea regarding DTS:X come March.
(2015-01-28, 02:23)thrak76 Wrote: Off (but on) topic; What kind of speaker setup (5.1.4, 7.1.4, etc.) are you using, and what surround processor? Just curious what the early adopters are using...
5.2.4 at the moment. Marantz SR7009.
Anyone else experiencing interruptions when decoding Atmos content?
I have noticed it too with my Yamaha RX-A3040.

I hear the interruptions are caused by the seemless branching done to secure the original blu-ray disc. Additional processing power is required to handle this and not all players have enough. Now that's the case with blu-ray players.

You'd think if you ripped your blu-ray to an MKV with one contiguous video file and audio file that it would not be an issue any longer. Especially on a HTPC.
Yes, you are correct. Random intterruptions are caused by seemless branching.
I hope this would be eliminated in future versions!
For those who are currently Atmos enabled, what skins are you running?

I've been working, with some forum help, to add flags for Atmos to the various displays (as noted previous) and have 75% completed this. Still working out 1 final kink and hoping to be able to share everything soon. These flags are based on using a naming convention in your file and path names not unlike Blu-ray/DVD for source.

curious what skins you use as I've been working with Aeon Nox 4.1.X though I'm sure the base code could be implemented into most other skins.

And I'm using this logo, in grayscale.

For those who'd like to add Atmos logos to your skin you need to use "atmos" in your file and path naming convention, then add the following code in the following places.

Variables.xml

Atmos logo on menu screens.

Code:
    <variable name="AudioFlagVar">
        <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,atmos)">atmoslogo</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec]$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels]\</value>
    </variable>

Atmos logo on Video Player OSD

Code:
    <variable name="SourceAudioFlagVar">
        <value condition="SubString(Player.Filename,atmos)">atmoslogo.png</value>
        <value>$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</value>
    </variable>

Plus in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml you must replace this line

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio/$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</texture>

with this line.

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">flags/audio/$VAR[SourceAudioFlagVar]</texture>

And you need to have an Atmos logo flag in your skin/medi/flags/audio folder, in this case named atmoslogo.png.

Here are 3 versions of an Atmos logo.

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3