• 13(current)
Dolby atmos
(2015-01-28, 19:36)dwalme Wrote: I have noticed it too with my Yamaha RX-A3040.

I hear the interruptions are caused by the seemless branching done to secure the original blu-ray disc. Additional processing power is required to handle this and not all players have enough. Now that's the case with blu-ray players.

You'd think if you ripped your blu-ray to an MKV with one contiguous video file and audio file that it would not be an issue any longer. Especially on a HTPC.

Same here on the 3040 but I'm playing full MKV's with the movie track ripped so the MKV's are around 20GB to 30GB. I'm also getting audio dropouts.

It's a Kodi issue or ffmpeg as if I use MPC-HC as an external Kodu player the dropouts disappear. Would love to know how to fix it in Kodi.
Has native support for Atmos flags been built into Kodi yet?

How about Auro3D and dtsX?
No
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-18, 00:10)Martijn Wrote: No

That's disappointing. Any reason as to why?
You did not PR it ... that's the reason.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-06-18, 00:09)C.Taylor Wrote: How about Auro3D and dtsX?

Both Auro 3D and DTS:X should work out-of-the-box, but I don't think anyone has tried them yet so we don't know for sure.
(2015-06-18, 16:26)fritsch Wrote: You did not PR it ... that's the reason.

I did not what? Huh
Basically if you demand features in here, be aware that this is a free projects done voluntary people. So the tone is highly important.

If you miss a feature you are as free as me to implement it and PR (Pull Request) it for review.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-06-18, 17:45)Anssi Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 00:09)C.Taylor Wrote: How about Auro3D and dtsX?

Both Auro 3D and DTS:X should work out-of-the-box, but I don't think anyone has tried them yet so we don't know for sure.

I hope both are supported as audio formats but I meant will there be tags to identify these formats built into Kodi natively like Blu-ray and DVD tags are. My research to this point shows there's no way for the codec itself to be identified as Atmos so I'd assume the other 2 formats will be the same.
One way would be a filename based detection, like 3d.sbs for 3d files.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-06-18, 22:20)nickr Wrote: One way would be a filename based detection, like 3d.sbs for 3d files.

Which is what I've been asking about, built into Kodi directly. Doesn't seem to be on anyone's radar though.
No, but I think fritsch is inviting you to do the coding.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks, but I've already added it to my own system long ago. I'm not a Kodi dev member who could have done it likely faster and easier than a complete noob who knew nothing. Obviously adding it isn't something the Kodi team cares about. They'd rather post on the internet about not wanting to do it.

Cheers!
Exactly, you got it.
(2015-06-19, 06:06)C.Taylor Wrote: Thanks, but I've already added it to my own system long ago. I'm not a Kodi dev member who could have done it likely faster and easier than a complete noob who knew nothing. Obviously adding it isn't something the Kodi team cares about. They'd rather post on the internet about not wanting to do it.

Cheers!
Well then submit a PR.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3